Bored, so...

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Let's play "what if". I had a friend ask me this question and gave him a quick answer. However, I thought that I would post it here.

Suppose the Dolphins and the Rams do finish with the worst records. Lets say that they decide that they couldn't pass up on the possible next big RB and do indeed draft McFadden. What would the Cowboys do if offered that teams starting RB? Be it Jackson/Rams or Brown/Dolphins, if the offer was the Cowboys pick, not the Browns.

Choices are:

1) Stay pat and draft accordingly.
2) Get Jackson/Rams for the first round pick.
3) Get Brown/Dolphins for the first round pick.

I would stand pat, with the Rams on speed dial, and see what happens during the draft. If I couldn't do alot with the pick, I would trade it for Jackson, but not Brown.

Good morning to all, and ready for your thoughts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think they'd take either trade.

Ronnie Brown suffered an ACL injury. So he's looking at a year of rehabilitation and, quite possibly, not being fully ready to go until the 2009 season.

I don't really see that much difference between Steven Jackson - who has become injury prone of late - and Marion Barber, except for speed. Why have two Jacksons on your roster? :confused:

Option 1 would be better, especially with this draft being deep with running back talent.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1754641 said:

Ronnie Brown suffered an ACL injury. So he's looking at a year of rehabilitation and, quite possibly, not being fully ready to go until the 2009 season.

I don't really see that much difference between Steven Jackson - who has become injury prone of late - and Marion Barber, except for speed. Why have two Jacksons on your roster? :confused:

Option 1 would be better, especially with this draft being deep with running back talent.

But would Jackson be "injury prone" if he was able to split time with someone like Barber? If no one fell to that spot that could make a difference to us, or we couldn't find a suitor to trade down, I'd probably do it.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1754641 said:

???

seems like the more the merrier

great idea, but i would guess that if the Rams took RunDMC they would want to have a two back system that would be hands down the best in the league. However from their point of view, they could take a lineman later in the first if they made the trade giving DMC a better chance to be great.

good though we shall see.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Rams RB Jackson has probably one year left on his rookie contract. He was drafted the same year as Julius Jones. Jones signed a 4 yr deal as a 2nd rd pick. I think Jackson signed a 5 year deal as a 1st rounder.

No way would I give the Rams anything for Jackson, outside of 6th or 7th rd pick and maybe Tyson Thompson.

dallasfan

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1754641 said:

I gotta agree with Tyke. Atleast with McFadden, his strengths contrast MB III playing style. Jackson is too similar. Better without a doubt, but too similar to have for a 1-2 punch.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
McFadden is on pace for just 50 yards today.

Sorry, but I am not convinced that he would be THE difference maker for us....I think we need a DB more than we need a RB.

It could be just everytime that I want McFadden, he doesn't do that great....although I didn't watch him last week which makes my point.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Jimz31;1754908 said:

Sorry, but I am not convinced that he would be THE difference maker for us....I think we need a DB more than we need a RB.

It could be just everytime that I want McFadden, he doesn't do that great....although I didn't watch him last week which makes my point.

You are not alone.

All this Run DMC talk is a little much at this point, especially when considering trading our 2 1st round picks or any combination of future picks.

EDIT: Ron Dayne rushed over 7,000 yards in his college career... would you give up 2 1st rounders for him? :p

silverblue

Reaction score
smarta5150;1754919 said:
You are not alone.

All this Run DMC talk is a little much at this point, especially when considering trading our 2 1st round picks or any combination of future picks,

Agree. We are rushing for over a 100 yards per game and some people on here went to gamble our future for the next 4 years on a RB in draft. Senseless

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
And to really stir the pot, I'll mention Mike Hart.

Anyone realize the kid hasn't fumbled a carry in over 980 attempts?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I have a feeling that it will cost us three #1s. Too rich for my blood.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Jimz31;1754908 said:

That stat is misleading. He's still averaging over 4.4 yards a carry. The whole team is just being beaten by a better Tennessee team, and McFadden's low yardage shouldn't reflect his talent level...not that we're going to draft him anyway. I think he's out of our reach.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1754618 said:
Let's play "what if". I had a friend ask me this question and gave him a quick answer. However, I thought that I would post it here.

Suppose the Dolphins and the Rams do finish with the worst records. Lets say that they decide that they couldn't pass up on the possible next big RB and do indeed draft McFadden. What would the Cowboys do if offered that teams starting RB? Be it Jackson/Rams or Brown/Dolphins, if the offer was the Cowboys pick, not the Browns.

Choices are:

1) Stay pat and draft accordingly.
2) Get Jackson/Rams for the first round pick.
3) Get Brown/Dolphins for the first round pick.

I would stand pat, with the Rams on speed dial, and see what happens during the draft. If I couldn't do alot with the pick, I would trade it for Jackson, but not Brown.

Good morning to all, and ready for your thoughts.

Ronnie Brown is a bust, they can keep him for a 1st.

Jackson, I would have to think about. With JuJo walking next year, we are going to need another back. However, I dont know if Jackson would agree to split carries with Barber, could make for some bad blood and hurt team chemistry.

On second though, I flip off the Rams for taking McFadden and draft the best WR or CB with the 32 pick:)

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Is MB3 a restricted FA after this year? If so, what if we make a qualifying offer and some team signs him netting us a first and a third. What do we do with 3first round picks?

silverblue

Reaction score
mitchell2254;1754982 said:
Is MB3 a restricted FA after this year? If so, what if we make a qualifying offer and some team signs him netting us a first and a third. What do we do with 3first round picks?

Load up on CB, OL

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1754975 said:
Ronnie Brown is a bust, they can keep him for a 1st.

:confused::confused:

119 carries for 602 and 4 scores on a pathetic Dolphins team before blowing out his knee.

I wish our "bust" draft picks had production like that.

How would Bobby Carp's stats compare as a LB?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
smarta5150;1754919 said:
EDIT: Ron Dayne rushed over 7,000 yards in his college career... would you give up 2 1st rounders for him? :p

Yes of course... just not my own. :cool: