Boston Blog: "Champ, Champ?..." - Cowboys Give Media Credentials to Clown

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
That is such a genius bit. At least Tom Brady had a sense of humor about it. I was so looking forward to hearing that whole segment on BaD Radio the following day and it did not disappoint.

I mean, for all those who think it somehow reflects poorly on the media here in Dallas, why do you think that? Because we might have a sense of humor down here and not take things so damn seriously in a postgame press conference for a football game? And the high and mighty Boston media telling us that such things are not allowed on the holy ground that is postgame press confereces? Good gracious. Lighten up people. It's a joke. This is football. It's a game. Calm down.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1716000 said:
David Scott sounds like he's ready to knock you upside the head with a hard hitting sports take. You may not like his take, but he's coming correct with no punches pulled. Find out what the other networks don't have the sack to talk about. Such as ...

Tom Brady is really good.

The Yankees spend a lot of money.

Barry Bonds is a jerk.

Michael Vick belongs in jail.

Listen as we expound on these points for the next 16 hours on the David Scott sports show, if you have the guts.

:lmao:

You sum up sports radio around the country. That's why I listen to the Ticket. This right here. I'm so tired of blowhards giving me their "edgy" opinions. Give me some sports talk about the local teams here in Dallas for a while and then give me something to laugh at. That's all I ask for.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of The Ticket, I still get a kick out of Corby asking Shaq a question a couple of years back when it was Mavs - Heat in the finals. Just look at the expression on his face when he realizes who it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O5gTZjuo0rc&mode=related&search=

And as a little backstory, Corby has at various times over the years interviewed Shaq as he's come to town for various Mavericks matchups. He always asks the same line of questioning. He'll come up with some horrible thing he would have to do and would he be willing to do it for an NBA title. :D

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The bit isn't so much how funny the ridiculous questions are, but to poke fun of the sports media and what a bunch of hypocritical jock sniffers they are. When the players/coaches laugh at the ridiculous questions, all the sports media in the room are laughing along and giving high fives about how hilarious it is. When the players don't laugh along, all the sports media in the room get real serious and quiet and treat him like a pariah.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
PosterChild;1716071 said:
Wait, we ain't got no hillbillies in Texas. We have rednecks and such but not hillbillies. They hail from NC and Kentucky, a few from Tenn--the Appalachians! Damn fool needs to get his insults straight. Probably a city slicker.

:lmao:

That Boston dude needs to reach his hand behind is back and quickly remove the stick from his arse.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I heard the guys on the radio talking bout this article....they said that it was ridiculous, becuase they haven't done it as much as what the reporter leads on. Less than 10 times total, and I believe that he said that it's been only about 5 times.

Plus, the guys on The Ticket have done other things to T.O., etc.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
You know what the second post reminds me of? "Good Morning Vietnam", where the officer is trying to tell Robin Williams that he knows what comedy is, etc....

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
True genius? No, the plays of Anton Chekhov are true genius; the fiction of Cormac McCarthy is pure genius; this nonsense is pure idiocy but it doesn't surprise me that the hillbillies in Texas find it amusing. Not in the least.

Posted by: Marcellus Wallace | October 15, 2007 11:41 AM

While Mr. Wallace is perusing great literary works and noteworthy authors, he should probably look up the definition of "myopic."

As a person with a Master's degree in English, I can say with absolute certainty that genius isn't relegated solely to the literary arena. In this context, genius can be defined simply as something that engages us, and clearly, 1920s Reporter Guy engaged the Boston media.

Besides, Vladimir Nabokov would probably get a kick out of 1920s Reporter guy.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1716000 said:
David Scott sounds like he's ready to knock you upside the head with a hard hitting sports take. You may not like his take, but he's coming correct with no punches pulled. Find out what the other networks don't have the sack to talk about. Such as ...

Tom Brady is really good.

The Yankees spend a lot of money.

Barry Bonds is a jerk.

Michael Vick belongs in jail.

Listen as we expound on these points for the next 16 hours on the David Scott sports show, if you have the guts.

David Scott should lighten up and read more Scott David.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1715970 said:
"Champ, Champ?. . ." - Cowboys Give Media Credentials to Any Old Bozos

By David Scott
Boston Sports Media Watch
UPDATED, bottom

Apparently the Dallas Cowboys Media Relations Staff has taken "freedom of the press" to whole new levels by allowing a complete clown access to Sunday's post-game press conferences.

Using a tone and syntax reminiscent of old Movietone newsreel audio, the quetionable questioner was allowed to act goofy to not only head coach Bill Belichick but also Tom Brady, meaning no one in Big D had the brains to bounce the bozo after his first unprofessional, embarrassing and attention-grabbing line of questioning. True, it's only a post-game press conference, but some level of decorum and professionalism should be expected. A circus atmosphere is not what the NFL is looking for, we are certain.

At least one member of the Boston media was stunned by the pathetic excuse for a sports journalist and wondered to Shots, "You'd think he'd have his credential revoked, right?"

belichick.mp3 At 1:56 – 2:06 of audio:

Bozo: "Champ, Champ Talk about your Beantown offense in the second half. They treated the boys from Big D like a couple of flapper girls who were a little loopy on the old gin and juice."

Belichick: "Next. . ."(Smirks).

brady.mp3 At 3:00 – 3:18 of audio:

Bozo: "Champ, Champ, Champ talk about the touchdown pass to Dontel Stallworth it looked like you two were doing the Jitterbug while the Dallas secondary was doing the Charleston."

Brady: "Is that right? I don’t know what the hell that means but, it was great route and it’s easy to throw it when he’s that wide open. Great question."
. . .A brief discussion of the bizarre Belichick moment is found here.

UPDATE (10/18/07, 1:40 p.m. EST) - It appears the bozo in question is a recurring character from SportsRadio 1310 AM/104.1 FM The Ticket in Dallas, which is, incredibly the Cowboys flagship station. They've had their bozo do the same to thing to various athletes with various levels of success.

And trust us, it's not that we don't appreciate humor. It's just that this is idiocy and completely out of line for a post-game press conference. If it's so funny, why isn't 1920s Reporter Guy (as he's called) approaching Terrell Owens in the same manner? Because T.O. would knock his head off? Oh, then by all means, try it.

The stunt would be funny if it were a minor league team and a student radio station. But it's the NFL's mighty Cowboys and their flagship station.
Stay classy, Dallas, indeed.

. . . With all our new friends in Dallas getting into our commenting section, we've had to shut down the feature for today. Thanks for reading Shots and come back soon.

Posted by on October 14, 2007 11:59 PM | Permalink

That guy was an idiot. Even Belicheck blew him off after asking a typical bean town question