Both McCarthy and Carroll made coaching mistakes in that 4th quarter

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
First, Pete Carroll opting to go for that first down on 4th and 4, on Seattle's side of the 50 (I think) with a little under 4 minutes left INSTEAD of punting and pinning Dallas deep. At That point we only had a 3 point lead, and you KNOW how vanilla our play calling would have been with the ball on our own 10-15 yards. We probably try unsuccessfully to burn some clock, then punt it back with that precious 3 pt lead.

Second, Mile McCarthy, man, WTH are you doing dude calling a LOW PERCENTAGE FADE PASS to Lamb in the EZ when all you needed was 3 yards, but more importantly, you needed to burn clock since Dallas was already in FG range. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

What you saw tonight were two coaches that will not be coaching in the Super Bowl. Nice win in the end, but gosh, way to sneak by a 6-5 team to get that win against a team with a winning record.

Meanwhile San Francisco would have annihilated Dallas's defense tonight. Again. Though I'd like to think Dak would have kept it close.

plymkr

Reaction score
I was pretty upset with the 3rd and 3 in the 2 minute drill and going for the EZ. I don’t mind the pass but a first down is the kill shot. Why go for a fancy kill shot? Just end the game. I was hoping for a QB run for 3 yards. Make it look like a pass then Dak goes for it. It would have knocked 40 seconds off the clock if he got stopped short. Big mistake by MM on that one.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Had we fumbled, we're screwed. The easiest and the safest play is to throw it away like Dak did and force them to make a TD. I loved the play.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Had we fumbled, we're screwed. The easiest and the safest play is to throw it away like Dak did and force them to make a TD. I loved the play.
Huh? The chances of Dak fumbling are very, very low on that play. Worst case, you take the sack, keep the clock running, call a timeout with 1 sec left and make Seattle drive the field with 60 seconds left.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think the deep pass on 3rd and 3 was Dak. I doubt that was the intent of the play. I think Dak got a little greedy going to CeeDee and made one of his very few mistakes of the game.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Why is MM being blamed still for that call?
Lamb had a bad drop on it, cant blame MM or dak for that, was a good play call but the execution failed.