Boy beats off angry bear

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Boy beats off angry bear

A troubled teenager who went to confront his personal demons in the Alaskan wilderness is recovering after defeating a far heavier and hairier foe.

The 15-year-old American boy was woken up by a 400-pound bear that had entered the campsite for emotionally-troubled youths.

When the boy tried to leave his tent, the bear bit him on the arm, Alaska policeman Adam Benson told the Associated Press news agency.

According to Mr Benson, the boy then decided to fight back.

He delivered several punches to the bear, using his uninjured arm. But when he attempted to flee the animal for the second time, it bit him again, now leaving puncture wounds below the ribs.

Once again, the boy attacked the bear with his fists.

Momentarily punch-drunk, the beast relinquished its hold.

The boy swiftly made his exit, pursued by the bear.

Bearing up

He finally managed to raise the alarm by blowing an air-horn and waking up the others, according to Steve Prysunka, the director of the "Crossing Wilderness Expeditions for Youth" programme.

The animal eventually left after being sprayed with pepper gas and having a flare fired at its feet, Mr Prysunka said.

He also asked media not to reveal the boy's identity.

The boy was treated at a hospital, then taken home to allow his wounds to heal.

The bear was hunted down and killed by officials at the campsite on Deer Island in Alaska.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6625.GIF

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher said:
He does have a pair. I don't know what the frick I would have done, probably screamed like Beotch while running in a circle. :)

It is one of those fight or flight issues....Kid just did what he could...but still to have survived from a bear biting your arm and side is pretty amazing.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
It is one of those fight or flight issues....Kid just did what he could...but still to have survived from a bear biting your arm and side is pretty amazing.
I agree. People never cease to amaze me. :)