Boy, is Jason Witten one of the most underappreciated TEs in the NFL or what?

Bizwah

Reaction score

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Until the Cowboys make some noise in the playoffs a lot of our guys like Witten and Newman will be overlooked. Once we prove to be serious contenders maybe they will start getting some love from the media. Right now Newman is more underappreciated than Witten; at least Witten makes the Pro Bowl.

BTW that was a great video. I love watching Witten do his thing. He is one of my 2 or 3 favorite Cowboys.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Wow the best was the end highlight getting that onside kick against Seattle.

I remember right before JJ got that last touchdown I was screaming at the TV for them to stop passing because Vinny had screwed up his last like 5 attemps..and sure enough they gave it to JJ again on another draw and bam, TD

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWfz64uUS28&mode=related&search=dallas cowboys

The boy has skillz!

I guess if he had that same soldier attitude of Kellen Winslow or Jeremy Shockey, he'd get more press. :rolleyes:

I hope Jerry makes an effort to sign him long-term soon!

Can't wait to see what he does this year with a more stable offensive line situation and TO, Fasano and others added to the mix!

Man I had to watch that twice, thanks :shoot3: :shoot1: :chainsaw:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wow, that vid brings back alot of bad memories

against the Bengals, Packers, Philly in '04, Eddie George

but boy Witten always seems to be falling forwards, I dont' recall him ever being laid out

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
DC Cowboy said:
Man I had to watch that twice, thanks :shoot3: :shoot1: :chainsaw:

you say it like its a bad thing :rolleyes:

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
He has made 2 probowls in a row so I don't think he is that overlooked.

MONT17

Reaction score
Wintten is the man... they better resign him, the deal should have been done a year ago!!!

MossTDMossTD

Reaction score
If I had to like a Cowboy, it would be him, followed by Marion Barber.
EDIT: is Witten's contract up after this year?

gbrittain

Reaction score
MossTDMossTD said:
If I had to like a Cowboy, it would be him, followed by Marion Barber.
EDIT: is Witten's contract up after this year?

Yeah, but do not get any ideas. He will be signed long term before the year is up.:p:

MossTDMossTD

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Yeah, but do not get any ideas. He will be signed long term before the year is up.:p:
Dallas would be very dumb not to have him signed during this year. I always liked Witten and was very upset when you drafted him in the 3rd or 4th round, which was an absolute steal.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Birdlives said:
Witten and Cooley will surpass Shockey as the premiere TE's in the NFC East.

Shockey was a one season wonder. thats all, he was good then became engulfed in the NY party life and now is another crappy giant

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWfz64uUS28&mode=related&search=dallas cowboys

The boy has skillz!

I guess if he had that same soldier attitude of Kellen Winslow or Jeremy Shockey, he'd get more press. :rolleyes:

I hope Jerry makes an effort to sign him long-term soon!

Can't wait to see what he does this year with a more stable offensive line situation and TO, Fasano and others added to the mix!
I would suspect Witten will get a deal done before Williams and James. I don't think we need to worry about locking Witten up. Williams and even James may be another issue.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Underrated indeed.

No matter the sports show or publication whenever they speak about the best TE in the NFL he always gets omitted. The first three TE(s) that come out of their mouths are Gonzales, Gains, and Shockley. IMO, I wouldn’t trade him for any of the aforementioned. Also, I was more impressed by his blocking then catching and when it is all said and done he will get the nationwide recognition he deserves, his two pro-bowl appearances are a great start.