Boys workout Antowain Smith today

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
December 5, 2006

Always looking to bolster his contingency plans, head coach Bill Parcells and the Cowboys took a look at veteran running back Antowain Smith, who worked out for the club at Valley Ranch Tuesday, the players' day off. Smith has been with five different NFL teams, playing four years with the Bills and three in New England where he earned a pair of Super Bowl rings, followed by one-year stints with the Titans in 2004 and the Saints in 2005. Smith went to training camp with the Houston Texans, but was released on Sept. 1. Smith was a former first-round pick (23rd overall) of the Bills in 1997 out of the University of Houston . . . The Cowboys have one of the NFL's best running tandems in Julius Jones and Marion Barber, who ranks third in the NFL with 13 touchdowns scored. Jones leads the Cowboys with 877 rushing yards.

for more updates visit http://gryphononcowboys.blogspot.com/

tsumma

Reaction score
I still like the idea of Duce Staley but maybe i'm wrong...

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I heard that Duce gained some weight this offseason and lost a step or three.

montgod

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if he is to spell Polite and Parcells will cut him for the umpteenth time.

sago1

Reaction score
Read in one of the Dallas newspapers that we did work out Smith & the 2 linebackers but didn't sign any of them. Seems like we see them as options if needed. Sure would like the Cowboys to bring in Parris who was just cut by the 49ers but only if he's a FS. Could use him this year and maybe he'd like a playoff/SB contending team. He's about 30 & long time starter until they went with younger guys. If he's a FS, he could help mentor Watkins but wouldn't stand in his way next year.