Brad and Nate TC Report - WR's and Safeties - 8/5/08

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Courtney Brown has certainly impressed me thus far.

I'll be pushing for him and I hope he will be getting alot of playing time this year if not the Nickel/Dime spot.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2177518 said:
http://dcfanatic.com/2008/08/06/brad-and-nate-tc-report--wrs-and-safeties.aspx
-----------------------------------------------

I will be watching Courtney Brown closely this Saturday. Right now it looks like he may be pushing for the Nickel/Dime Safety spot next to Ken Hamlin.

I guess this doesn't shock me much. This is just one of those really athletic, tall DB's that had to find the right NFL position to play. And, once he did, he could become a good player. Patrick Watkins will, once again, be getting the bulk of his tackles on Special Teams (barring a major injury to Brown).

reddyuta

Reaction score
nate is right-the better blocker will win the 2 TE job.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
quite a few of us really liked this guy when we drafted him but as far as I know no one thought to put him at safety...If it turns out to be a good safety kudos to the guy who was smart enough to have the forsight to make that move.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2177518 said:
http://dcfanatic.com/2008/08/06/brad-and-nate-tc-report--wrs-and-safeties.aspx
-----------------------------------------------

I will be watching Courtney Brown closely this Saturday. Right now it looks like he may be pushing for the Nickel/Dime Safety spot next to Ken Hamlin.

It's really great to get all this video, DC.

I've been defending Crayton like crazy in other threads, but how cool would it be if another player on this roster already was able to supplant him as the starter in the preseason? Crayton's really very consistent, so if he loses his hold on the starting job, it'll be because somebody else developed. I'm hoping it's Sam Hurd, who's another favorite of mine.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Idgit;2178139 said:
It's really great to get all this video, DC.

I've been defending Crayton like crazy in other threads, but how cool would it be if another player on this roster already was able to supplant him as the starter in the preseason? Crayton's really very consistent, so if he loses his hold on the starting job, it'll be because somebody else developed. I'm hoping it's Sam Hurd, who's another favorite of mine.
Crayton's really not a #2 in my eyes, so if Hurd or Austin were to leap-frog him, he could settle in on his slot receiver status - And he may even be careful with that, according to reports and all the Amendola talk around here.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Clove;2178339 said:
Crayton's really not a #2 in my eyes, so if Hurd or Austin were to leap-frog him, he could settle in on his slot receiver status - And he may even be careful with that, according to reports and all the Amendola talk around here.

Agreed. He's a 3. I'd not be surprised to see Hurd take some snaps away. I would think Hurd and Austin will get snaps and Hurd will likely earn more and more.