Brad Johnson comes full circle

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Better them than us. I have never liked him.

Vikings; Brad Johnson Agree to Contract --
Wed Mar 16, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's John Clayton reports QB Brad Johnson made his choice of teams after touring a handful of cities and has opted to sign with the Minnesota Vikings. Johnson, 36, agreed Wednesday to a four-year, $6 million contract that includes a $1.2 million signing bonus and a $2.2 million total payout in the first year. Johnson, who visited the Seahawks on Tuesday, chose the Vikings over Seattle and the Bears.

lkelly

Reaction score
I think it is interesting to look at how much money some teams have allocated to the QB position and then look at the Cowboys.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TobiasEagle77 said:
Is it just me or does this seem like a square peg round hole kind of deal?

Not at all. How often do you expect him to see the field with Culpepper there? And if he does, do you expect him to carry the team ala Culpepper?

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Not at all. How often do you expect him to see the field with Culpepper there? And if he does, do you expect him to carry the team ala Culpepper?
But even as a backup, they could have found someone who fits there system better. Brad belongs in a WCO, the Vikings are far from a WCO. Garcia in Detroit makes sense, this doesn't make sense. At least, not to me.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TobiasEagle77 said:
But even as a backup, they could have found someone who fits there system better. Brad belongs in a WCO, the Vikings are far from a WCO. Garcia in Detroit makes sense, this doesn't make sense. At least, not to me.

I tend to believe that the system installed is the same one that Minny had when he was there with just a few terminology changes. So while it doesn't seem like a good fit because of his suspect arm strength, he probably will be able to function in it. Culpepper's arm strength allows them to go downfield alot. Still should be able to do that even without Moss. If Johnson should ever sniff the field, they prolly won't go long as much, but he should prolly still be able to hit those intermediate throws..

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Brad Johnson has been nailed as a high accuracy short passer....

This is stupid ,.....unless he has lost ALL of his power [ like brunell did in 1 season] he should still be the world beater he was in 1999.....

Tampa bay never threw a pattern over 10 yards anyways......I know I watched every game there the past 3 years......