Brad Sham talks on ktbb.com; brad mentions Dat Nyugen to challenge red flag call

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://www.ktbb.com/cowboys/brad-sham/

thought you guys might like this, its brad sham talking about cowboys with david smoak, he mentions that it was dat nyugen that told wade phillips to throw the red challenge flag,

let me know of file doesnt work, joe

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
good old Dat......from hollering " shovel shovel " in a game
to knowing when to make a challenge you can count on his head
being in the game. thanks for posting this.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I don't think its any coincidence that Dat being there helping coach the LBs, ILBs especially, and Bradie James really playing a lot better. Its true that playing at a lighter weight is a big factor- but he is also playing much smarter and making a lot fewer mistakes.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I always look for him on the sidelines but never see him. Does anyone have a current picture of him?

cowboyz

Reaction score
in the giants game, someone started yelling a counter run to the left. of course they didn't stop it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyeric8;1780402 said:
I always look for him on the sidelines but never see him. Does anyone have a current picture of him?
Dat sits in the coaches booth upstairs.

Can't find a recent pic, but I do remember seeing one of him in his coach gear.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1780461 said:
Dat sits in the coaches booth upstairs.

Can't find a recent pic, but I do remember seeing one of him in his coach gear.

I just bought a new camera, I see him at all the home games on the field during warmups. I will take a couple of pictures of him when I get the camera, probably be here for the packers game.

He is really skinny.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
theebs;1780493 said:
I just bought a new camera, I see him at all the home games on the field during warmups. I will take a couple of pictures of him when I get the camera, probably be here for the packers game.

He is really skinny.

Yeah thats what I've heard, I guess that comes from not being in football shape anymore.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1780493 said:

He is really skinny.
There's an old DMN article by JJT and he's barely 200 lbs now.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1780500 said:
Yeah thats what I've heard, I guess that comes from not being in football shape anymore.

it comes from eating like an Asian, lots of veggies and rice.....and not like an obese, unhealthy, slob of an American.......btw....i fit into the latter category:D

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
So which assistant coach's job was it to tell Wade to use our last timeout before Campbell could spike the ball and take away the chance for Randle-El's "catch" to be reviewed right before halftime?

Whoever it is, they blew it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1780513 said:
So which assistant coach's job was it to tell Wade to use our last timeout before Campbell could spike the ball and take away the chance for Randle-El's "catch" to be reviewed right before halftime?

Whoever it is, they blew it.

I thought Wade said it was Pasqualoni that told him to challenge the call. Maybe someone else told Dat, Dat told Pasq and then Pasq told Wade "challenge the call purple flying elephants".

DTK

Reaction score
Under 2:00 minutes, aren't all replay reviews initiated by the booth official? At least that's what I thought.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DTK;1781131 said:
Under 2:00 minutes, aren't all replay reviews initiated by the booth official? At least that's what I thought.

That is correct. I wish they would amend that and also allow the coaches to challenge calls. I don't understand why they don't allow coaches to challenge a call in the final 2 minutes of a half.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dat is one of my favorite Cowboys. I know it is a long shot but with coach Fran at Texas A&M getting fired after this weekend’s game I wonder if Dat would be made any offers from his old school

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Biggems;1780508 said:
it comes from eating like an Asian, lots of veggies and rice.....and not like an obese, unhealthy, slob of an American.......btw....i fit into the latter category:D

Well, the lack of steroids just MIGHT be a factor, too. :)