Brady James 13 tackles 2 sacks

dfense

Reaction score
Bet he loves him some Wade (taking over the playcalling) right now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bradie was fabulous yesterday. The whole defense played very well.

Orlando scandrick continues to break up passes and be a strength for this team also.

kmp77

Reaction score
I know, where's this Bradie been?!?! He was a madman yesterday.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's much better going forward than going backward.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If sacks weren't so darn important to everyone, Bradie would've won that ugly turkey thingy instead of Ware. On the other hand, if Ware hadn't gotten hurt, he would've had at least 4 sacks yesterday so...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
stasheroo;2449108 said:
He's much better going forward than going backward.

He isnt great at coverage, but he did break up a pass yesterday when he was covering a WR down the middle of the field.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2449147 said:
He isnt great at coverage, but he did break up a pass yesterday when he was covering a WR down the middle of the field.

And he also got beat 3 or 4 other times while he was in man to man coverage.

Apparently he's a solid blitzer, and he is a solid run stopper (Between the tackles) but we can do much better than him overall IMO.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2449113 said:
If sacks weren't so darn important to everyone, Bradie would've won that ugly turkey thingy instead of Ware. On the other hand, if Ware hadn't gotten hurt, he would've had at least 4 sacks yesterday so...

I still think DWare is going to tie or break Derrek Thomas's sack record of 7 in a game at some point in the next few years.

Ware is a beast.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Rack;2449221 said:
And he also got beat 3 or 4 other times while he was in man to man coverage.

Apparently he's a solid blitzer, and he is a solid run stopper (Between the tackles) but we can do much better than him overall IMO.

We don't always agree but this time we do. I've been calling for a faster and hopefully better coverage MLB who is also big enough to play in the 3-4 and make tackles against the run. I realize those players don't grow on trees but can you imagine this team with a "Patrick Willis" on the inside.

I've been hoping Burnett would stay healthy and bulk up enough to play all three downs and stay as fast. Don't see it. We need at least one safety and a MLB in this year's draf/FA.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2449113 said:

Disagree with that. Ware got 2 of his sacks going up against a future hall of famer.

Bradie James got his sacks by beating a TE and a RB for his 2 sacks. And if it had been Ware instead of Bradie James being blocked by that FB early in the game (the one that knocked James on his arse) Ware would have had 4 sacks even w/o playing the 4th quarter.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rack;2449370 said:
Disagree with that. Ware got 2 of his sacks going up against a future hall of famer.

Bradie James got his sacks by beating a TE and a RB for his 2 sacks. And if it had been Ware instead of Bradie James being blocked by that FB early in the game (the one that knocked James on his arse) Ware would have had 4 sacks even w/o playing the 4th quarter.

complete heresay, coulda, woulda, shoulda.....we have no idea if Ware would have gotten more sacks. We can all assume he would have, just like we all assumed we would beat the Rams......you never know.

James not only had 2 sacks, he had 13 tackles and a forced fumble. Had our DB just fallen on the ball, we would have recovered it, instead of it rolling out of bounds. Ware ended up with 4 tackles. Ware is our best defensive player, hands down. However, the best defensive day went to James.

I have been super critical of James during his time in Dallas. I have seen him as a big underachiever. However, I have to give credit where it is due. Yesterday he had a monster game. He deserved that stupid, ugly trophy.

BTW, I firmly believe the original trophy was much better. I liked the goofiness of it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Biggems;2449396 said:
complete heresay, coulda, woulda, shoulda.....we have no idea if Ware would have gotten more sacks. We can all assume he would have, just like we all assumed we would beat the Rams......you never know.

James not only had 2 sacks, he had 13 tackles and a forced fumble. Had our DB just fallen on the ball, we would have recovered it, instead of it rolling out of bounds. Ware ended up with 4 tackles. Ware is our best defensive player, hands down. However, the best defensive day went to James.

I have been super critical of James during his time in Dallas. I have seen him as a big underachiever. However, I have to give credit where it is due. Yesterday he had a monster game. He deserved that stupid, ugly trophy.

BTW, I firmly believe the original trophy was much better. I liked the goofiness of it.

No, he absolutely was NOT. All you did was point out the positives by James. He also got beat in coverage 3 or 4 times (badly).

Yes, he still had a good game, but not better than Ware.

And I also liked the previous trophy better.