brand new mock

irvin88

Reaction score
San Francisco Matt Leinart, QB, USC
--Tim Rattay has done a good job, but Matt Leinart can be for the 9ers what Tom Brady is for the Patriots. A trade down is a distinct possibility.

Miami Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
--I think this is a little early for Benson, but Miami needs help rushing the ball in the worst way. Miami traded their 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley last year, so a trade down here is also an option.

Cleveland Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami
--Rolle would give the Browns defense a legit shutdown caliber corner. With Ferguson going back to school, Rolle is the best fit for the Browns here.

Chicago Mike Williams, WR, USC
--Chicago needs another receiving threat for their offense. Williams has sat out a year, but after workouts, he will have solidified himself at the top again.

Tampa Bay Alex Barron, OT, Florida St.
--Tampa gets help on the line to give whoever the QB is more time, and help open up more lanes in the run game by taking the Florida St. product.

Tennessee Titans Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
--A steal at this point, and Tennessee fans should be extremely happy he is still around.

Oakland Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
--Gannon is near the end, and Collins just doesn’t have it. They have some solid young receivers, and with good depth at RB in this year’s draft, they take the Cal QB as their future QB.

Arizona Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
--The Cards need a back that they consistently count on, and Brown is arguably the top back in the draft. His receiving ability will allow him to flourish in Green’s attack.

Washington Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
--No player benefits as much as the return of Kiwanuka and Tuck to school than James. He becomes the best end, and best pure pass rusher in the draft, and the Skins reach on him at this point.

Detroit Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
--Davis is a S in a linebacker’s body and has the ability to be an all around force in the secondary.

Dallas Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
--Dallas needs help at corner, and Jackson's game is a better fit opposite Newman than J. Miller or A. Jones.

San Diego(from NYG) Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
--Chargers love that the playmaking Edwards is still on the board. He gives them another viable vertical threat in their offense to open up things for SD’s two other playmakers, Tomlinson and Gates.

Houston Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
--Houston needs a big body in the middle of their line, and Wright is the best available at this point.

Carolina Elton Brown, G, Virginia
--Brown provides immediate impact ability at guard, and down the road could move outside to tackle, he has that type of athleticism.

Kansas City Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
--Miller brings instant playmaking ability to KC’s secondary.

New Orleans Channing Crowder, LB, Florida
--With Brooks staying in school, Crowder becomes the second best LB in the draft. With NO’s need for an LB, Crowder gets the call earlier than expected.

Cincinnati Antajj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin
--His stock has dropped a bit this year, but Cincy needs a DT, and he’s the best left on the board.

Minnesota Jason Allen, S, Tennessee
--Allen can play two spots, but he’ll start out at safety, and give the Vikes a great all around playmaker at FS.

St. Louis Pac Man Jones, CB, West Virginia
--The Rams need help in the secondary, and their team is built on speed; Jones is the perfect fit.

Dallas(from Buf) Marcus Spears, DL, LSU
--Spears has the body of a DT, but the skills of an end. He can be a playmaker at either spot.

Jacksonville David Pollack, DE, Georgia
--The Jags fill their biggest need with the Lombardi winner. Pollack’s intensity will endear him to Del Rio.

Baltimore Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
--You can almost build the draft around this pick. Baltimore needs a WR now, and Clayton is the best with a drop off after him.

Seattle Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
--Caddy would be a sizeable pay cut from Shaun Alexander, but be just as big of a rushing threat.

Green Bay Shaun Cody, DE, USC
--The size to be a force against the run opposite KGB, but still brings the ability to get to the passer.

Denver Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn
--The Broncos need help in coverage and Rogers is the best corner left on the board. After getting torched by Manning in the playoffs, they have to address the secondary with this pick.

NYJ Shawne Merriman, DE/OLB, Maryland
--With John Abraham being a FA and looking at a big deal, the Jets go for a similar talent for less money.

Atlanta Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
--The Falcons get the mammoth tackle to protect Vick. If McNeill stayed in school another year, he could be looking at a Top 20 pick, but the Falcons are happy he left this year.

San Diego Jonathon Scott, OT, Texas
--Like McNeill, could be looking at a higher selection a year from now, but if he declares and is on the board, he’s a Bolt. They need tackle help, and he’s the best on the board.

Indianapolis Travis Johnson, DT, Florida St.
--They need help on defense period, and Johnson could be a force up the middle. With Freeney from the outside, and Johnson up the gut, they may have a devastating inside outside pass rush duo.

New England Corey Webster, CB, LSU
--The Saban Connection continues. The Patriots need a top of the line talent at corner, and Webster has as much upside as any. He has the type of ball skills that Bill Belichick likes, and may be called on for immediate contribution with Law and Poole possibly not coming back.

Philadelphia Chris Henry, WR, West Virginia
--Without TO, their offense drops down significantly. They draft Henry who has attitude questions of his own, but they do so hoping TO can show him how to still show up every play and have his impact.

Pittsburgh Heath Miller, TE, Virginia
--He falls a bit, but the other teams have more pressing needs than a TE. He gives the Steelers the intermediate threat they need in case Burress leaves.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
We will not take a CB with the first pic...probably not in the first round at all...at best if a solid CB has dropped into the 2nd we may.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
We will not take a CB with the first pic...probably not in the first round at all...at best if a solid CB has dropped into the 2nd we may.

You're right, I think a CB through free agency is how Dallas will cover that need. We already have talent recovering from injury. Hunter.... uh.... etc?

Derinyar

Reaction score
I think we would be more likely to take either of the two players right behind out pick at 11 then the player we took. Give me Edwards or Wright with pick 11 in this circumstance.

I think Merrimon at 20 would work really well.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
I think we would be more likely to take either of the two players right behind out pick at 11 then the player we took. Give me Edwards or Wright with pick 11 in this circumstance.

I think Merrimon at 20 would work really well.

I also think Merrimon at 20 would be an excellent pick. A CB in the first round after what has been said from Valley Ranch...I just don't see it happening.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I'd be ticked if we took Marlin Jackson 11th, especially with Braylon Edwards still available.

IF we hold on to our two 1st round picks I'd expect a DL or WR at 11. If it were a DL, then I could see us taking a WR/CB/LB 20th.

IF we took a WR 11th, then I'd expect a DL/LB 20th.