Brandin Cooks: Locker Room Interview

quickccc

Reaction score
Adding Cooks frightening burst and speed to the WRs unit ..to what Pollard's frightening speed can do in a new scheme under new way of coaching. .

.. it is really exciting to me what we can be ..what we will be- on the offensive side oft he ball. Two players that can strike so quickly off one breaking play.

Opposing teams will have to try to deal with our team speed. !!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Last year, with MG coming off his injury, it was basically CD and Noah Brown at wr for the most part. This year should be different.
its up the Dak and MM. Starts with them. Can they get going fast? Chemistry.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Today on the NFL Network’s Good Morning Football show they had Devin McCourtney as a guest host on the show. His twin brother Jason McCourtney is a permanent host on the show). Devin is a really sharp guy BTW… it is no wonder Bill Belichick loved him in his defense and kept him in New England his whole career.

Anyway, since Devin is a longtime cornerback/safety in the league, they asked him to make a list of his top 5 under rated receivers. Guys that beat him a lot and consistently gave him a hard time when he was trying to cover them.

He listed Brandin Cooks as his second most under rated WR in the NFL. He said he is really good on the field - very fast - and very difficult to cover. He went on to say that Cooks is just as great in the locker room and is a fantastic team mate. He said that Gilmore loved Cooks in New England so he knows that Gilly is happy to have him on the same team again. McCourtney said as a guy that used to be in the locker room with Cooks, he has no idea why he’s been traded so much. He said that having him is guaranteed production and that he can run any route you want him to. He ended by saying great pickup for Dallas.

I just thought I’d put it in here. Cooks really was one hell of a pick up for Dallas. They got incredibly lucky to get him and Gilmore for a 5th each.

Here is McCourtey’s list for anyone who is wondering:

5. DJ Moore - Chicago

4. Tyler Lockett - Seattle

3. DeVonta Smith - Philadelphia

2. Brandin Cooks - Dallas

1. Amon-Ra St. Brown - Detroit

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Today on the NFL Network’s Good Morning Football show they had Devin McCourtney as a guest host on the show. His twin brother Jason McCourtney is a permanent host on the show). Devin is a really sharp guy BTW… it is no wonder Bill Belichick loved him in his defense and kept him in New England his whole career.

Anyway, since Devin is a longtime cornerback/safety in the league, they asked him to make a list of his top 5 under rated receivers. Guys that beat him a lot and consistently gave him a hard time when he was trying to cover them.

He listed Brandin Cooks as his second most under rated WR in the NFL. He said he is really good on the field - very fast - and very difficult to cover. He went on to say that Cooks is just as great in the locker room and is a fantastic team mate. He said that Gilmore loved Cooks in New England so he knows that Gilly is happy to have him on the same team again. McCourtney said as a guy that used to be in the locker room with Cooks, he has no idea why he’s been traded so much. He said that having him is guaranteed production and that he can run any route you want him to. He ended by saying great pickup for Dallas.

I just thought I’d put it in here. Cooks really was one hell of a pick up for Dallas. They got incredibly lucky to get him and Gilmore for a 5th each.

Here is McCourtey’s list for anyone who is wondering:

5. DJ Moore - Chicago

4. Tyler Lockett - Seattle

3. DeVonta Smith - Philadelphia

2. Brandin Cooks - Dallas

1. Amon-Ra St. Brown - Detroit
yeah, but being traded a lot doesn't invalidate a player, we see players all over the NFL; jalen Ramsey, Khalil Mack, Von Miller , Wagner, guys like that move around a lot but if you think about it at least somebody wanted them enough to go trade for them you got guys right now name DeAndre Hopkins and dalvin cook very good players guess what, no trade value.. why is that ? I'd be more concerned to wonder why no one would just give us seven for those guys... Remind me how many teams Deon Sanders played for search...

quickccc

Reaction score
Last year, with MG coming off his injury, it was basically CD and Noah Brown at wr for the most part. This year should be different.
Only matter of time before Gallup gets hurt again... we still more Cedrick Wilson like type depth at WR