big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon Aubrey longest field goal: Where Cowboys kicker ranks on all-time list
Story by Jacob Camenker, USA TODAY
9/26/24

The Dallas Cowboys took a dive into the unknown after the 2023 NFL postseason by releasing kicker Brett Maher.

Maher, who served as Dallas' primary kicker for three seasons, struggled during the playoffs, making his two field postseason field goals but going an unfathomable 1-for-6 on extra point attempts. The misses weren't the driving force of the Cowboys' postseason elimination, but Maher's issues were enough for owner/general manager Jerry Jones to decide to hold an open kicking competition during the offseason.

The Cowboys didn't make any splash move at the position. Instead, they had the little-known duo of Tristan Vizcaino and Brandon Aubrey fight for the job ahead of the 2023 season.

MORE: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=f22fa3ef12a4421ee58b1de4633bcde7&ei=13

AA1p7Feb.img

bigE79

Reaction score
9/26/24

The Dallas Cowboys took a dive into the unknown after the 2023 NFL postseason by releasing kicker Brett Maher.

Maher, who served as Dallas' primary kicker for three seasons, struggled during the playoffs, making his two field postseason field goals but going an unfathomable 1-for-6 on extra point attempts. The misses weren't the driving force of the Cowboys' postseason elimination, but Maher's issues were enough for owner/general manager Jerry Jones to decide to hold an open kicking competition during the offseason.

The Cowboys didn't make any splash move at the position. Instead, they had the little-known duo of Tristan Vizcaino and Brandon Aubrey fight for the job ahead of the 2023 season.

MORE: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=f22fa3ef12a4421ee58b1de4633bcde7&ei=13

AA1p7Feb.img
He's one of the only reasons why I'm still watching...lol

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He's only the second kicker to hit from 65 or more. His 65 yarder cleared farther than Tuckers' 66 yarder.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s going to set the NFL record for the longest FG and it may be this season. He tied the record at 66 yards in preseason and it would have been good from 72 yards but preseason doesn’t count.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Before the end of this thing, he'll have the record for longest field goal.
My concern is that with our luck something will happen and he'll never get it. We haven't been much of a blessed team over the years.

CWR

Reaction score
My concern is that with our luck something will happen and he'll never get it. We haven't been much of a blessed team over the years.
We've been blessed with a few obscure records. It's playoff wins where our blessings stop.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hes my fantasy kicker, so I am totally invested in him.....especially if the season goes south......he has a great chance at the record!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
9/26/24

AA1p7Feb.img
Best player on the team :clap:

Chasing6

Reaction score
The anticipation of a new record is the main thing I'm watching for this season which is new for me. A kicker has never been my focus before.
Maybe we just get really good on Special teams and just kick FG's after kickoffs and punt returns. Then spend the rest of the money on Defense.