THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2jxlhf.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Must've been a pretty quiet week in special-teams-land.

(Don't get me wrong, love Aubrey, but this feels like a pretty mundane game to be winning Player of the Week honors.)
I think it is primarily because he tied the first-year consecutive field goal record. If he makes his next one, it's all his ... and he'll probably get the award again.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Must've been a pretty quiet week in special-teams-land.

(Don't get me wrong, love Aubrey, but this feels like a pretty mundane game to be winning Player of the Week honors.)
Tell us who you really root for.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Aubrey reminds me of when the Cowboys would just unearth good kickers out of nowhere like Chris Boniol, Richie Cunningham (who flamed out after a great start), Billy Cundiff, Nick Folk, then Dan Bailey.

It's early but he's on track to challenge Bailey as the best of them all.

Mark

Reaction score
He's a great story, and worth his weight in gold should his success continue.

"After being released from the Bethlehem Steel FC in 2018, Aubrey decided to use the degree he got at Notre Dame to become a software engineer. While watching an NFL game in 2019, a placekicker missed a field goal and his wife told him: "You could do that." From 2019 to 2022, Aubrey worked with a former Mississippi State kicker and kicking coach Brain Egan three times a week." (Wikipedia)

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I remember when a lot of guys said that he shouldn't be on the team and the front office was cheap and didn’t know what they were doing.
Going cheap at kicker is the right play. These guys can fall off at any given time. However I see a lot of Dan Bailey in Aubrey and I think he'll be the answer here a long time.

It's a far cry from being nervous with Brett Maher for sure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he makes me feel things no other kicker has made me feel since dan bailey
I mean pretty much. I guess I still have PTSD from the previous kickers but my confidence in him keeps gaining by the week. Its hard for me to think this guy is really this good and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but it hasn't.