Brandon Jacobs on Boys Defense: You could tell they were confused

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I was listening to the radio on the way to work. They said that Brandon Jacobs, in an after game interview was asked about the Cowboys Defense. He said he heard them yelling at each other, trying to get in the right positions and were confused on assignments.

jzcowboy

Reaction score
I thought the defense was stripped down to about 10 plays?

Ren

Reaction score
another fine endorsement for Wade's coaching, i'm so glad we have him :bang2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That is bad, absolutely bad. Of course, again, it doesn't help when the offense is constantly giving them the ball on your end of the field and it doesn't help that your offense is turning it over, and going 3 and out, so much that you allow the Giants to have around 40 minutes of TOP.

No defense in the world, even the Ravens of 2000, is going to do very well in conditions like this and this defense certainly isn't the Ravens of 2000 so that's going to make it worse on them.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
What? You couldn't see that from TV?

I'm not being sarcastic or critical of your post, I appreciate the info. It's just sickening to see Hamlin and the D yelling at each other after almost every series.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
We're a dumb A## team...I'm not even going to get mad anymore. These players dont deserve to wear the star.

Get these stupid coaches and dumb players out of dallas or on the bench.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
This was also brought up when Parcells was coaching, so this is more an indictment on the players than the coaches:

A quote from a John Kitna interview with a Seattle Radio Station:

Kitna then called out LB Bradie James, saying his team had "left No. 56 confused on the field and out of sorts".

This is an example of a "Players Coach" allowing stupid to be stupid. You need smart self-disciplined players to have any success with a players coach. The Cowboys don't have many of those types of players on their team and the ship is badly cracking as a result.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I especially like the Three Stooges routine by the defense... how many times did you see our players running into each other when attempting to go after ball carrier..... a comedy of errors.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2395080 said:
I was listening to the radio on the way to work. They said that Brandon Jacobs, in an after game interview was asked about the Cowboys Defense. He said he heard them yelling at each other, trying to get in the right positions and were confused on assignments.

Jacobs runs his mouth too much and provides plenty of bulletin board material.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2395349 said:

The guy brings it. Backs it up. Does his part. Helps his team.

Word it however you want... his team won SB. That is all.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
YoMick;2395363 said:
The guy brings it. Backs it up. Does his part. Helps his team.

Word it however you want... his team won SB. That is all.

He does all that but he does have a big mouth.

I'd like a 260lb running back too, maybe he could get through the non-holes the line creates. There's nothing better than watching your RB get the handoff and there are two guys waiting for him every time.

GMen86

Reaction score
How is stating in an interview that the defense looked confused running his mouth?

tyke1doe

Reaction score

So did Jimmy Johnson. ;)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I would take the headset away from Bradie and give it to Zak immediately.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TheCount;2395539 said:
He does all that but he does have a big mouth.

I'd like a 260lb running back too, maybe he could get through the non-holes the line creates. There's nothing better than watching your RB get the handoff and there are two guys waiting for him every time.

I am most certainly not sticking up for the guy. I dislike him... just the sight of him... then his mouth... ughhh....

BUT... the knock on him was he couldnt be an every down back or a productive one and HE IS. Period.

We have a motor mouth named Crayton... I swear I would rather see Amendola in the slot.... who knows... Danny could catch 2-3 balls a game...

That would be 1-2 more than Blabbermouth Crayton.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't think they were that confused but they cannot understand how to cover those three WRs on one side when they are stacked. Confuses them every time. And now everyone is using it esp in the redzone. Two TDs yesterday that I remember.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
YoMick;2395691 said:
I am most certainly not sticking up for the guy. I dislike him... just the sight of him... then his mouth... ughhh....

BUT... the knock on him was he couldnt be an every down back or a productive one and HE IS. Period.

We have a motor mouth named Crayton... I swear I would rather see Amendola in the slot.... who knows... Danny could catch 2-3 balls a game...

That would be 1-2 more than Blabbermouth Crayton.

Yeah, he's a good back. Him and Crayton would be best friends if they were on the same team, that's for sure.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Meh, I wouldn't put any stock in anything that ignorant blowhard has to say.