'Breakfast Club' Cast to Reunite on MTV

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NEW YORK - Don't you forget about "The Breakfast Club." At the 2005 MTV Movie Awards, to air June 9, the network plans to reunite the cast of the classic '80s movie, the cable channel said Friday.

Though Emilio Estevez, who played Andrew Clark, isn't confirmed, in attendance will be Molly Ringwald (Claire Standish), Ally Sheedy (Allison Reynolds), Anthony Michael Hall (Brian Johnson) and Judd Nelson (John Bender).

The 1985 film was directed by John Hughes, who had a string of hit films starring young people during the decade, among them "Sixteen Candles," "Weird Science," "Pretty in Pink" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

Yellowcard will perform the film's theme song, "Don't You Forget About Me," from the 1985 film. The song was originally recorded by Simple Minds.

This year's awards will be hosted by Jimmy Fallon. To be taped June 4 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, the show's scheduled performers include Mariah Carey, Eminem and Nine Inch Nails.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050528/ap_en_mo/breakfast_club_reunion

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
How long before someone remakes this movie?
Honestly, this is one of those I really hope they don't remake. Now, if they do one of those Reunion Movies, I MIGHT be interested.

Breakfast Club "Reunion" with a movie sort of focused on what they've done in the 20 years since graduation.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Honestly, this is one of those I really hope they don't remake. Now, if they do one of those Reunion Movies, I MIGHT be interested.

Breakfast Club "Reunion" with a movie sort of focused on what they've done in the 20 years since graduation.
It was never one of my favs but that would be an interesting concept.

If they did remake it I have no doubt that Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears would be in it :puke:

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
How long before someone remakes this movie?

Well they did recreate one of the scenes in 'Not Another Teen Movie', even had the same guy who was playing the teacher re-enacting his role.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't mind a remake of Weird Science.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I hate all the John Hughes movies with a passion. If that is indicitive to teenage life in the eighties....well.

Ya'll were some shallow, 2 dimensional pricks.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I hate all the John Hughes movies with a passion. If that is indicitive to teenage life in the eighties....well.

16 Candles was funny because Anthony Michael Hall.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:

Your are just jealous...pretty boy ;) :p: