'Breaking Bad' spinoff 'Better Call Saul' is a go

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=826925&gt1=28103

The "Breaking Bad" spinoff "Better Call Saul" is a go: AMC and Sony, the producers of "Breaking Bad," announced a prequel Wednesday starring Bob Odenkirk as New Mexico's sleaziest lawyer.

The fact that the show will be a prequel opens up a lot of possibilities: It could leave room, for example, to tell us how Saul Goodman first met Gustavo Fring. Giancarlo Esposito, who played Fring on the show, has told TheWrap he would be open to the idea of dropping in on a prequel. (He now stars on NBC's "Revolution.")

"Better Call Saul" is the working title, but come on: How can they do better? The series will find Odenkirk, co-creator of HBO's groundbreaking "Mr. Show," doing shady dealings before Walter White ever put a dollar in his pocket.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=826925&gt1=28103

bounce

Reaction score
I like Saul a lot, but I think he's better as a supporting character. I trust Gilligan, but I'd almost rather them leave BB alone when it's done.

CashMan

Reaction score
I like Saul a lot, but I think he's better as a supporting character. I trust Gilligan, but I'd almost rather them leave BB alone when it's done.

Well, I think Gus is sure to have a role in it as well. Also, I think this opens up cameos for Walt and Jesse, seeing them cross paths before Breaking Bad, or seeing them in the background somewhere.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I have mixed feeling about this. The best part of Saul is his zingers and one liners, which doesn't seem to be worthy of an entire show. I'll definitely be watching the first couple episodes and hoping they pull it off though.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of think it would be fun to see Badger and skinny pete in the mix from time to time.

But like bounce says...I just don't know if this will play out well.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
With it being a prequel they can't do any harm to the Breaking Bad legacy. I kind of am disappointed that they're going the prequel route but atleast it will give them a way to close the books on open ended questions that likely won't be answered... I just don't know if they'll be able to get Gus Fring as a starring character (if they do this thing will be a monster hit) because of his role on Revolution which probably lines his pockets far more than this would..

RamziD

Reaction score
Well, I think Gus is sure to have a role in it as well. Also, I think this opens up cameos for Walt and Jesse, seeing them cross paths before Breaking Bad, or seeing them in the background somewhere.

Can't wait for this. I hope, somehow, we get to see what Gustavo Fring's backstory is, too.