Breaking News: Dan LeFevour will not throw at NFL combine

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Breaking News: Dan LeFevour will not throw at NFL combine
By Kyle Warber
February 20, 2010, 9:39AM
http://blog.mlive.com/fireupchips/2010//breaking_news_dan_lefevour_wil.html

In what appears to be a controversial strategy by Dan LeFevour's agent, LeFevour will not throw a single pass during next week's NFL Combine.

“I’ll be doing (pretty much) everything except throwing at the combine,” LeFevour reported to NFL Draft Bible.

“I will focus solely on throwing at Pro Day,” LeFevour added. “Just getting focused with that…only having one thing to do on Pro Day and being able to work with my receivers up at school that are coming out. Putting everything I have into that aspect of it.”

“I felt this is what’s best for me,” LeFevour told Daniel Mogollon of NFL Draft Bible.

The strategy involved here is to play to LeFevour strengths. LeFevour is not a "workout warrior." LeFevour will not impress you with a tight spiral or the "deep ball" which has been the hallmark of such legendary QB's as Ryan Leaf, Akilli Smith, and Jamarcus Russell.

LeFevour is a "game day" QB. LeFevour may not throw a pretty ball or be the best QB at practice, but all he does is score touchdowns when he is given his opportunity to play.

Going into the 2010 Senior Bowl LeFevour was third on the depth chart. When the game was over LeFevour would be named MVP for his team.

That is LeFevour in a nutshell. LeFevour always beats out his higher rated competition.

So I think it is a huge mistake for LeFevour to isolate himself from the other QB's. Removing himself from the passing drills is something more in line with a prima dona BCS receiver like Michael Crabtree, not a consummate champion like LeFevour. I think he should answer his doubters as he has successfully done in every stage of his development.

So if you were hoping to catch a glimpse of LeFevour on the NFL network, expect to see him on the sideline talking to the kicker. And if you were hoping to catch a glimpse of the kickers working out, expect to see them on the bench reading Samuel Becket's Endgame while sipping Gatorade from martini glasses. -- that's what kickers do.

However, I do see an excellent opportunity for Dan LeFevour to play a prank on Western Michigan's Tim Hiller, a MAC rival and a fellow QB invitee to the combine.

"Tim, all the cool kids are sitting on the bench with the kickers. You want to be like me don't you? Plus, everybody knows that you sandbag your first combine. Didn't you know that?"

"Really?"

(LeFevour rolling his eyes) "Absolutely,...now put that ball down and grab a Gatorade."

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
What a moron. I wouldn't draft a player like that, because they are obviously trying to cover up a weakness. Although I'm sure the scouts did see him at Senior Bowl practices. It still makes me wonder though.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cover 2;3283502 said:
What a moron. I wouldn't draft a player like that, because they are obviously trying to cover up a weakness. Although I'm sure the scouts did see him at Senior Bowl practices. It still makes me wonder though.

I agree not to smart