Brian Stewart on GAC - 8/4/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Stew on GAC
---------------------------

They talk about Henry playing more, giving Pacman time on the 1st team with Newman out and if the Cowboys will keep 6 CB's.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I liked Brian's answers. This was one of Galloway's better interviews, and not because he was surprisingly complimentary of the team. It was because he wasn't trying to bait someone into saying something that he could then blow out of proportion.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I was just listening to galloway and they were talking about who was the best player in camp and Galloway said his source told him Tank Johnson.

and then the interesting part. Mosely asked galloway if larry lacewell was his source, galloway said yes. then mosely said something that really stuck out to me. Mosely said lacewell has shot holes in every player Bill parcells has drafted since he started coming back around last year.

so that really says alot. Sometimes all the writers and media guys use their sources, like lacewell to get people all fired up when they have negative reports being spread around.

it is pretty sad to think that Lacewell is so bitter about being fired by parcells that he has an agenda against parcells players. I like the guy even less now.

sorry for posting this here, I just saw gac in the title and thought I would share!!

JPM

Reaction score
theebs;2175302 said:
Mosely said lacewell has shot holes in every player Bill parcells has drafted since he started coming back around last year.
I would love to hear what "holes" lacewell attempted to shot thru Ware.
Hey Lacewell, thanks again for Tony Dixon.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Yes, aside from being a horrible, horrible, horrible talent evaluator, he's also always been a first degree lobbyist and politician with the Dalllas media since Day 1. Probably one of the main reasons Parcells couldn't get rid of him fast enough ... of course he comes back like a bad case of the clap.

And the Dallas media so loves being brownosed and kissed up to, they make nothing of the fact that an utter and complete failure and joke is linked with the organization again. Go drink a beer with them and tell them a few jokes and make them feel like they're one of your buddies, and they'll gladly look past a decade of incompetence .. and then turn around and tell their listeners how expectations are high here in Dallas, and they don't take no crap and excuses.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2175329 said:
Yes, aside from being a horrible, horrible, horrible talent evaluator, he's also always been a first degree lobbyist and politician with the media.

And the Dallas media so loves being brownosed and kissed up to, they make nothing of the fact that an utter and complete failure is linked with the organization again.

I didnt realize he talked to the media that much. If thats the case and he is the source in alot of stories, it makes perfect sense.

I applaud matt mosely for calling him out like that. It explains alot of the negative parcells stuff from the media around here too, if they are going to lacewell for his thoughts he is simply going to say parcells did A when he should have done B Everytime. Then it turns into a story.

I am wondering if sham used him as his source when he told norm a few days ago that a " high ranking scout told me that had the team taken Bowe like they should have they would be punching their ticket"

It would make sense that lacewell wouldnt like ireland and gaine. Pretty pathetic.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wow. I think Lacewell was as bad an advisor as anyone, but I don't think he's the sole source of all Parcells dislike in the metroplex. Most of these guys have too big an ego to let someone like Lacewell make their mind up for them, for one thing. And Galloway was a Parcells fan anyway. He liked Bill a lot more than Wade, that's for sure.

And besides, Tank wasn't even here when Parcells was... So how is propping him undercutting Parcells? :confused:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theebs;2175337 said:
I didnt realize he talked to the media that much. If thats the case and he is the source in alot of stories, it makes perfect sense.

I applaud matt mosely for calling him out like that. It explains alot of the negative parcells stuff from the media around here too, if they are going to lacewell for his thoughts he is simply going to say parcells did A when he should have done B Everytime. Then it turns into a story.

I am wondering if sham used him as his source when he told norm a few days ago that a " high ranking scout told me that had the team taken Bowe like they should have they would be punching their ticket"

It would make sense that lacewell wouldnt like ireland and gaine. Pretty pathetic.

I've personally watched him in too many training camp practices than I can count spend more time yukking it up and slapping backs with the media than watching practice. And, yes, Sham is one of his main good buddies (and I like Brad Sham), along with Dale and Galloway and the KTCK guys.

Funny, after almost a decade of spearheading some of the worst drafts in modern NFL history he suddenly has all the answers. Maybe with all his newfound wisdom he could explain to us how Ireland and Gaines found more Day 2 contributors in one year than he did in 9 years combined. Explain to us how they found Marion Barber in the 4th, and you give us Sherman Williams in the 2nd.

I hope we aren't firesaling off guys like Fasano and bringing in guys like Bennett just to bring in some 'Larry guys'. God help us all.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2175371 said:
Wow. I think Lacewell was as bad an advisor as anyone, but I don't think he's the sole source of all Parcells dislike in the metroplex. Most of these guys have too big an ego to let someone like Lacewell make their mind up for them, for one thing. And Galloway was a Parcells fan anyway. He liked Bill a lot more than Wade, that's for sure.

And besides, Tank wasn't even here when Parcells was... So how is propping him undercutting Parcells? :confused:

that is the point cl. He is talking up johnson because he wasnt a parcells player.

Mosely said this so I am just relaying it. These guys get their opinions on players from what their sources tell them, it could be a reason so many of the players are talked about the way they are.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2175378 said:
I've personally watched him in too many training camp practices than I can count spend more time yukking it up and slapping backs with the media than watching practice. And, yes, Sham is one of his main good buddies (and I like Brad Sham), along with Dale and Galloway and the KTCK guys.

Funny, after almost a decade of spearheading some of the worst drafts in modern NFL history he suddenly has all the answers. Maybe with all his newfound wisdom he could explain to us how Ireland and Gaines found more Day 2 contributors in one year than he did in 9 years combined. Explain to us how they found Marion Barber in the 4th, and you give us Sherman Williams in the 2nd.

I hope we aren't firesaling off guys like Fasano and bringing in guys like Bennett just to bring in some 'Larry guys'. God help us all.

i didnt even really think of it that way. I should hope lacewell has absolutely nothing to do with this team. If he does and that is why all the talk of fasano not being smart was spread around during draft weekend then that is sad, for lacewell and the media.

cowboyed

Reaction score
theebs;2175413 said:
that is the point cl. He is talking up johnson because he wasnt a parcells player.

Mosely said this so I am just relaying it. These guys get their opinions on players from what their sources tell them, it could be a reason so many of the players are talked about the way they are.

Maybe Lacewell does have an act to grind, maybe it is an exaggeration of him dissing virtually every player Parcells has picked or recommended. I thought Spears was a Parcells pick and that Parcells initially tried to select Spears ahead of Ware but got him later in the first round along with Ware anyway.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
theebs;2175302 said:
I was just listening to galloway and they were talking about who was the best player in camp and Galloway said his source told him Tank Johnson.

and then the interesting part. Mosely asked galloway if larry lacewell was his source, galloway said yes. then mosely said something that really stuck out to me. Mosely said lacewell has shot holes in every player Bill parcells has drafted since he started coming back around last year.

so that really says alot. Sometimes all the writers and media guys use their sources, like lacewell to get people all fired up when they have negative reports being spread around.

it is pretty sad to think that Lacewell is so bitter about being fired by parcells that he has an agenda against parcells players. I like the guy even less now.

sorry for posting this here, I just saw gac in the title and thought I would share!!

The sooner Lacewell is banned from the premises the better off we'll be.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Ticket's own George Dunham related a few days ago that "a source" informed him in response to a question about Roy Williams's new lease on football and whether he was reinvigorated (I'm paraphrasing ), snidely remarked, "No. Just look at him out there."

Bet that source was Lacy though I have no proof whatsoever.

JPM

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2175378 said:
God, I hope not IR.

PosterChild;2175528 said:
Ticket's own George Dunham related a few days ago that "a source" informed him in response to a question about Roy Williams's new lease on football and whether he was reinvigorated (I'm paraphrasing ), snidely remarked, "No. Just look at him out there."

Bet that source was Lacy though I have no proof whatsoever.
Well if Lacewell said it that means Roy will have one of his best years and will be in the running for DPOY.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Er, maybe it's just that Tank really is playing well... I don't find that so hard to believe.

If you said Hamlin and Leonard Davis played great last year, it would simply be the truth... Not a shot at Parcells.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2175655 said:
Er, maybe it's just that Tank really is playing well... I don't find that so hard to believe.

If you said Hamlin and Leonard Davis played great last year, it would simply be the truth... Not a shot at Parcells.

I dont think anyone doubts tank is playing well.

Mosely was just making a point to galloway that you have to watch what lacewell says.

no one is trying to protect parcells here. I know you always think that, but that is not what i posted what he said. It was just the point mosely was making to galloway, if your source is lacewell becareful he has an agenda.