Twitter: Bright spot: Tyler Smith development

blueblood70

Reaction score

wow nice.. Most likely why they're leaving him at left guard much like Larry Allen think about how they both started they both started at tackle got moved to guard and they both seem to be on the same path I'm not gonna say that for sure but he's been very impressive and everyone thought this dude was a project remember oh we got another project in the first round we should have waited till the second round or later to get a guy like that... :facepalm: :muttley: Fans just don't really know how to evaluate like the scouts and the coaches do..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this block was before or After Tyler got in a little scrape with one of the interior D-Lineman?

He was one of the few that was showing some fight in him that game. Time for the scouts to earn their paychecks and find a couple just like him.
What do you mean the scouts they found this guy and they found other guys literally a lot of these dudes that they picked in the last three or four drafts you guys immediately wrote them off and said they were reaches they were projects and a lot of them are working out and some of them we got this year you might wanna just give it a couple years.. I'm not sure if aseem Richards is gonna have this kind of tenacity but he looks he's got a similar body and a similar game and with a little time maybe we can develop into him into something like this at left tackle..

blueblood70

Reaction score
And his man did not make the tackle. If Pollard doesnt cut that run back to the inside, we had it sealed pretty well. Tyron out front, Lupke had his man sealed on the outside. Pollard cuts back right into the pursuing defense. he should have outraced them to the corner for a very nice gain.
Which some of us have been noticing since the last five games of last year and now the first five games this year Tony Pollard should not be fed the ball this much he is not the same player he needs to come in and be playing with play calls that fit his playstyle that means he needs to take less of the first and second down runs that it seemingly this coach likes to call right now in this offense and they need to get him back to doing what he does but right now he's been a disappointment the fumble and he is running to the wrong spots it's like if there's not a big hole where he can just burn through it and get ahead of steam he's not a very good running back not a running back that you can call a first Stringer if you wanna give him the title that's fine he could be running back one all day long I wanna see a different set of backs running on 1st and second down and we've seen a little of that fight from Rico actually people are in here don't give him enough credit that dude was fighting he was a little bit of a bruiser he looks more like a guy you want in on all the runs that are gonna be more traditional off tackle through the tackles like in the tackle box type stuff and give him more of the carries give hunter some more carries and give Pollard his 10 carries and five targets in the past game that he's got in the middle of last year and all the other times when they said he should take zeke's job and we could see he can't do that...

RS12

Reaction score

I do remember that play, and it made me smile at the time. Unfortunately the massive sewage spill that followed made me forget it. Tyler starting get that "man among boys" thing going. Love this kid.

conner01

Reaction score
Smith could be a legit pro bowl guard. He’s a beast inside. He can be a solid OT too
I’ve always thought he should stay inside but you have to have a LT better than him in order to keep him inside

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
the masses will ignore this & attack you!! :lmao:

he's never not dominated a rep nor committed a penalty in some folks world.
The majority of the time, his technique still better than pretty much anyone else. Not the same as before, but still a top guard in the league.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
And his man did not make the tackle. If Pollard doesnt cut that run back to the inside, we had it sealed pretty well. Tyron out front, Lupke had his man sealed on the outside. Pollard cuts back right into the pursuing defense. he should have outraced them to the corner for a very nice gain.
I was thinking the same. I was like why did he cut up into traffic?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The majority of the time, his technique still better than pretty much anyone else. Not the same as before, but still a top guard in the league.
Oh he's still solid but he doesn't dominate. He makes mistakes, he gets beat. He doesn't get downfield very well.

All well & good but nothing to warrant the first ballot HOF'er level that some insist he still plays at.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone know if this block was before or After Tyler got in a little scrape with one of the interior D-Lineman?

He was one of the few that was showing some fight in him that game. Time for the scouts to earn their paychecks and find a couple just like him.
The Niners ran a play to intentionally target him.

The near DT engaged him, then the DE multiple gaps away got a good running start and slammed into Tyler's blindside.

That 2nd DE made zero attempt to go after the running back that cut to his side of the line. His entire goal was to cheapshot Tyler.

They used similar cheapshot tactics against Parsons.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The Niners ran a play to intentionally target him.

The near DT engaged him, then the DE multiple gaps away got a good running start and slammed into Tyler's blindside.

That 2nd DE made zero attempt to go after the running back that cut to his side of the line. His entire goal was to cheapshot Tyler.

They used similar cheapshot tactics against Parsons.
Didn’t take note of those tactics. Guess this may be what lit a bit of a fire under that young man’s a**.