Brilliant usage of TO

khiladi

Reaction score
Last night is exactly how I expect T.O. to be used. It is performances like these which make fans think that T.O. has a lot left in the tank. If TO catches the ball on quick slants, and out of the slot, he is handful to defend.

I think last night was definitely a major step for this offense, and adds a dimension we seemed to be lacking. I hope this continues, because it was beautiful.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Not only a brilliant usage of Owens last night, but it's just been great to see how wisely WP has treated him since day one.

WP made him honorary captain for this game, .. I am sure Owens loved that. What a great idea and gesture.

WP treats him like a man, and makes sure he realizes that we are glad he plays for the Cowboys.

Things that didn't happen last year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
khiladi;1746514 said:
Last night is exactly how I expect T.O. to be used. It is performances like these which make fans think that T.O. has a lot left in the tank. If TO catches the ball on quick slants, and out of the slot, he is handful to defend.

I think last night was definitely a major step for this offense, and adds a dimension we seemed to be lacking. I hope this continues, because it was beautiful.

I agree. We could see this kind of production out of TO on a pretty regular basis. We ran a slant.... even Madden mentioned that he thinks its the first slant for us and TO... LOL

How hard was it to take TO down when he had the ball in space. Quite difficult my good man.

This guy could have 160 catches and 1800 yards if we are smart.... then we will be feared....

DBoys

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1746554 said:
Not only a brilliant usage of Owens last night, but it's just been great to see how wisely WP has treated him since day one.

WP made him honorary captain for this game, .. I am sure Owens loved that. What a great idea and gesture.

WP treats him like a man, and makes sure he realizes that we are glad he plays for the Cowboys.

Great post

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1746554 said:

You are so right, and BP talks about how you must treat great players differently from the others. However, BP did not seem to do that for T.O.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1746554 said:

Bottom Line: Other coaches, players have gotten mad/jealous over TO wanting more...wanting to help HIS team...

Wade is smart... he knows that Owens is here for a reason and that is to help this team win

Wade knows that the ball has to go to the playmaker.

Embrace the player... dont hate on the player.... especially when he is on your team.... right Donovan.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1746571 said:
You are so right, and BP talks about how you must treat great players differently from the others. However, BP did not seem to do that for T.O.

WOW, I am humbled and honored, my post got a full two sentence reply from CC.

:laugh2:

khiladi

Reaction score
People often speak about needing a deep threat to spread the field, but to me it seemed, that we run a lot of intermediate to deep routes anyways, and the defenses were shifting their coverages down the field. A lot of our plays seemed to be late developing. This is why, particularly in the past, Romo was always checking down to either Barber or Jones. To many receivers running deep routes.

By bringing it TO on short slants, and quicker passes, it doesn't allow the double-team as much of an impact, and it ultimately forces the defenders to bring men up, and this is what I really believe will open up the deep passing game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the way we utilized TO last night, is the way Tom Brady has had so much success in his career, that's how you move the ball consistently in the passing game

the slant is a very hard route to defend, in fact it's used to defeat man-coverage, so even if teams decide to man up on TO, he should still have success

juck

Reaction score
great post i agree, finally some TO used wisely.