Bring Brady to fix Dak?

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I like Dak the man. I don't like Dak the player. He needs someone like Kitna or Sanchez in his ear. Those were the years that probably earned him elite pay with part time play.

Stak78

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we are stuck with Dak for at least one more year. However, Kellen Moore needs to go. Bring in an OC that will bring a better run game scheme and let Dak try a different passing scheme that would be heavy play action. Cut Zeke and replenish the stable of running backs. Solidify the offensive line in free agency or draft. Find a QB in free agency or draft to compete with Dak. Don’t let Jerry and Steven choose the OC. That needs to be on McCarthy, because his job is at stake.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Starter would be a competition of course. Brady could help Kellen too. Dak really need a mentor that was never under Garret. How could it hurt? Not sure Brady would be willing to take second seat though, but maybe some sort of set up where they swap after each series. Be hard for teams to scheme against both QB lol.
Brady can’t handle anyone around his feet. The Eagles, Giants and Washington are at their best bringing a rush up the middle. Plus you gonna pay 46 year 20+ million on top of Dak’s 50 million. Cap suicide.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hqdefault.jpg

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We need a young QB who can extend plays.

Dak would be a different guy if he could buy time but he gets stuck in the pocket and freaks out then goes on to do dumb things.
Nobody wants to admit this but Dak is seeing ghosts. The offensive line killed it Sunday with pass blocking.

Bing

Reaction score
Starter would be a competition of course. Brady could help Kellen too. Dak really need a mentor that was never under Garret. How could it hurt? Not sure Brady would be willing to take second seat though, but maybe some sort of set up where they swap after each series. Be hard for teams to scheme against both QB lol.
If Brady doesn't retire and decides to play next year you can bet it will be for a team that guarantees him he is the starting QB. Do you really think Brady would play a mentor role on a football team when he has a 375 million dollar contract waiting on him if he wants it with Fox network

I'm thinking Brady will retire this year as Arron Rodgers only wants to play one more year and they dont want to retire the same year as neither one want to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in the same year as the other..

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
So many things wrong with this post, I don't know where to start.
It's now officially the off season, so why not discuss it?

After all, we've nothing to look forward to next year except more of the same mediocrity we've had for the past 27 years.

And nobody's forcing you to participate, do like I will do, and just ignore the thread...

Creeper

Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. No one can. Sorry for being snarky. I like Dak. I have supported him acknowledging his limits for the last several years. As I have said, there is a Good Dak and a Bad Dak. When Bad Dak is on the field it is very noticeable. Bad Dak holds the ball, hesitates, triple pumps, gets the ball out late. Bad Dak doesn't see the field, looks confused, throws to the wrong receivers, and this all results in INTs. The best example of Bad Dak was the Washington game. That was the worst I have seen, even for Bad Dak. Seems like a long time ago but it was just 3 weeks ago. And this is the problem. We are seeing Bad Dak more than before. Not all the time, just more frequently. We have to ask, and it is a legitimate question. Is Dak regressing? We have made all kinds of excuses for Dak over the years. In 2019, against the Eagles for the division, Dak had a horrible game. People said it was because he had a shoulder injury. But the following week against Washington with nothing on the line, Dak had a great game.

Dak was not the worst I have seen against the 49ers. He actually made some nice plays stepping up in the pocket and throwing the ball to avoid being sacked. He even ran for a few first downs which were good smart opportunistic plays. But in a playoff game against a good opponents his mistakes are magnified. You cannot give away points in the playoffs, especially in a defensive struggle. Both INTs, and the two potential INTs the 49ers dropped were bad decisions typical of Bad Dak.

Good Dak, when he plays like he did against the Bucs is like a different guy. He is quick to find the open receiver. He looks off the DBs, He delivers the ball on time, most of the time. He spreads the ball around. This offense is unbeatable when Good Dak takes the field. Good Dak can overcome the mistakes of Bad Dak. We just did not see Good Dak consistently throughout the season and he deserted us in the most important game.

So I ask again, is Dak regressing? Because if he is then it the time to make a plan to transition to a different QB is yesterday. Dak keeps saying he will get better and he promises he will not throw INTs again. He can't make that promise and he certainly can't keep it. He cannot control Bad Dak.

With the Eagles at the top of the league, the Giants ascending, the Commanders just needing a QB to challenge the NFC East, maybe now is the time to take a step back and look for the QB of the future.

But I think instead, Jerry will restructure Dak, extend his contract for even more money, and we will be having this conversation for at least 4 more years. But I am fairly certain this is a major mistake again.

Dak isn't the only reason they lost to the 49ers. Injuries hurt Dallas too. Diggs hurt Dallas. The defense gave up a couple of long drives late in the game when they needed to make a stop. Some questionable officiating hurt them too. But it is really hard to overlook the two INTs and some awful throws.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah.. Huge positive coming out of that game is our Rookie Left Tackle basically made Nick Bosa non existent.
The biggest positive of the season is we have two bookend tackles for next season with Tyler and Steele.