BRING IN JIMMY JOHNSON AS President of Football Operations

JPTEXAS

Reaction score
I know that Jerry would never give up the GM role:)banghead: ) Just think Jimmy Johnson as the President of Football operations of the Cowboys(LIKE Bill in Miami). He controls the GM,coachs,DRAFT, and would put FEAR in the players. He could stay in South Florida most of the time(since he doesn't like to leave that much)and run the cowboys from there. Jimmy might be interested in a job like that doens't take full time like coaching.

I know its only a dream..:D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And Jimmy will not be here in Dallas even with this title. Jimmy will not be back in Dallas people. It's been, what, 14 years now? I liked Jimmy as much as the rest, and sometimes I wish we had a guy like him or miss some of the things he brought as a HC, but goodness. The guy isn't ever going to be here again in any capacity as far as working for the Cowboys goes.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
JPTEXAS;2336617 said:
I know that Jerry would never give up the GM role:)banghead: ) Just think Jimmy Johnson as the President of Football operations of the Cowboys(LIKE Bill in Miami). He controls the GM,coachs,DRAFT, and would put FEAR in the players. He could stay in South Florida most of the time(since he doesn't like to leave that much)and run the cowboys from there. Jimmy might be interested in a job like that doens't take full time like coaching.

I know its only a dream..:D

Yes, just a dream. sigh.

:D
(And for the do-we-need-another-thread-like-this whiners, chill. Levity is not all bad in the days after this ridiculous loss. Aflack!)

Tex

Reaction score
seems like his strength was as a coach not as a GM or front office guy at all.

Tex

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
not so, jimmy johnson helped build the cowboys in the early 90's,

jimmy did the drafting and trades, and best to my knowledge before jerry hired parcells, jerry jones had jimmy come in and help him with some monitoring of the cowboys with suggestions, etc

i would love jimmy johnson back in with some capacity as the person that holds players accountable, now would wade put up with that, etc, i highly doubt it, and would jimmy come in and leave florida, i doubt that, but i do think jimmy would help jerry find a great coach to work under and possibly a general manager when jerry jones does leave the cowboys and turns things over to his son stephen jones

even stephen said best i remember he would not make the major decisions that jerry jones did and spend that much money on free agents etc,

so whatever you think of jerry jones, because when jerry jones does leave, alot of spending money on top free agents will be over, but i do think jimmy johnson would help advise jerry jones and stephen in certain situations

JPTEXAS

Reaction score
I think Jimmy would do better than Big Bill and Bill is doing OK. There is no way Jimmy would consider Leaving Florida...He would only have to come to Dallas evey now and then. He could run things from Florida.

I know this would never happen..it was for entertainment only.

I do believe that Jerry should pay Jimmy to be the draft consulant. Pay him 1-2 million just for the draft. We have thrown away much more than that on players that are bust. Jimmy not only found players, but PLAYMAKERS on both sides of the ball.