Bringing in T.O. and hearing Parcells talk....

JonCJG

Reaction score
about drafting Carpenter instead of Lawson are just some of the indicators that we are going all out this year, SB or bust.

My question for the board is simple. How long is the window open realistically to compete for SB's? We are LONG in the tooth at both WR spots and at QB and at the Kicker position. Soon they will all have to be replaced. I say maybe 2 years.

Thoughts?

Manster68

Reaction score
The good news to all of this is that the defense has a plethera of quality youth. Ferguson and Ellis are the really "old" guys starting. They both have promising young backups to fill in.

So if the defense is pretty much set, then it will not be as difficult to revamp the offense. Tight end looks set for the next several years and maybe running back as well.

The book is still out on the offensive line, receivers, and Romo. Some of that can be relieved during the next free agency period as well.

So, yeah, Dallas is set at making a run at the grand prize for the next five years at least.

However, once Parcells leaves, it will also depend on whether or not Jerry makes bad drafts and other stupid moves.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If we keep drafting like we've done the past couple years (not including the offensive line :)), we'll have a chance to compete for many years to come.

silver

Reaction score
this is it. this year. i'd worry about next year then. enjoy the ride this year. it looks as though we are primed for gold-

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silver said:
this is it. this year. i'd worry about next year then. enjoy the ride this year. it looks as though we are primed for gold-

Could you explain why you feel this way?

Good Young QB ..... Romo
2 Good young RB's ..... JJ & MB
The best young TE in the game ..... Witten
A couple of good young #2 wideouts .... Crayton and Hurd
A few Talented young O-linemen

An incredible young Defense .....

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
zrinkill said:

Good Young QB ..... Romo

:hammer: Thank you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KD said:
about drafting Carpenter instead of Lawson are just some of the indicators that we are going all out this year, SB or bust.

My question for the board is simple. How long is the window open realistically to compete for SB's? We are LONG in the tooth at both WR spots and at QB and at the Kicker position. Soon they will all have to be replaced. I say maybe 2 years.

Thoughts?

WR is probably the easiest position to fix via FA. Just this year alone, TO, Javon Walker, Deion Branch and, almost, Reggie Wayne were available. Each draft has a dozen capable WR candidates, as well.

It all depends on whether or not we hit on Romo. I believe the coaches uniformly think we did. If that's the case, we'll be able to put all of the draft and FA resources we have available towards improving the mix on offense. This team will be very good for a very long time. Finally.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
zrinkill said:

Good Young QB ..... Romo

QB I will pass judgement when he actually throws the ball in a NFL regular season game
RB check
TE check
WR Crayton good when healthy, Hurd may not even make the team due to Parcells obsession with ST
OL-Young and Talented? Who in particular?
Defense- Check