News: Broaddus: Scouting The Young Pass Rushers, Other Standouts From OTAs

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:48 PM CDT
Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout

20160525_dal_ota_quickies025.jpg

Read

• In a show of power, Ryan Russell got into Zack Martin’s body and drove him back in the pocket, right at Romo’s feet. Martin ended up on the ground after getting tangled up with Travis Frederick, but nevertheless, it was a nice sign to see Russell capture that much ground on the All-Pro guard.
  • Alfred Morris looked decisive in the way he was running the ball – there was more quickness to his game than what I had seen in Washington. He made some really nice cuts with vision but also exploded through the hole.

• I didn’t know much about Mike McAdoo before the start of this camp, but he flashed some at defensive end. He is a bit undersized weight-wise, but he is extremely quick off the ball. At 6-7 he has a rangy build, but there is something to work with here.
  • Hearing some whispers from those in the know that through two days of OTAs – Jameill Showers has been the second-best quarterback on the field. In watching him during practice, I thought his accuracy and poise were outstanding in the opportunities he received.
OTA LIVE
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/05/25/ota-live-rookies-vets-compete-7-7

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
"Hearing some whispers from those in the know that through two days of OTAs – Jameill Showershas been the second-best quarterback on the field. In watching him during practice, I thought his accuracy and poise were outstanding in the opportunities he received."

hmmm

RS12

Reaction score
  • In a show of power, Ryan Russell got into Zack Martin’s body and drove him back in the pocket, right at Romo’s feet. Martin ended up on the ground after getting tangled up with Travis Frederick, but nevertheless, it was a nice sign to see Russell capture that much ground on the All-Pro guard.
Nice to see him do anything. Underwhelmed last year.

• Hearing some whispers from those in the know that through two days of OTAs – Jameill Showers has been the second-best quarterback on the field. In watching him during practice, I thought his accuracy and poise were outstanding in the opportunities he received
Not sure if I am happy or unhappy to hear this. Then again I dont consider Moore and NFL QB.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Byron jones with a sweet pass breakup,excited to see a FS with outstanding physical skills and speed.

Showers has a better throwing motion than the 2 QBs ahead of him.

Last edited:

StylisticS

Reaction score
That first Kellen Moore throw made me cringe. Also Eatman was hard on Jones on that pass breakup but I understand. If you can get a turnover, get it.

slick325

Reaction score
Having the pads on means the most to OL and DL so although good to hear good things about the DL (troubling regarding the OL) take if with a grain of salt.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Shorts. Let's leave it at that. Our OL don't have anything to prove but a lot of these DL do (our whole defense for that matter). I'll rave when pads come into play and they are still able to do the same things we are hearing now. I would bet that our o lineman knew before hand and are just waiting for when pads are on. The goal is to be healthy through out the process.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Broaddus is really late on McAdoo. Been talking him up for a month now. Ravens liked him so much that they stashed him on IR for years. Hoping he is 100% and can continue to add muscle to his lean 6'6 frame.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This DL is an embarrassment of riches

50 sacks
We trade a couple of DL for future first Rd picks

Is this a new schtick you're trying out, sarcastically pretending everything is great regardless of context? To the point where even OTA tidbits become so tedious nobody wants to read them? Because, if it is....you've nailed it.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Not so sure I want anything or anyone ending up at Romo's feet in OTA's.

visionary

Reaction score
Is this a new schtick you're trying out, sarcastically pretending everything is great regardless of context? To the point where even OTA tidbits become so tedious nobody wants to read them? Because, if it is....you've nailed it.

I can't be happy about a positive report on my team?

That is what I dislike about people like you who pretend to be fans but are quick to pounce on anything negative

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't be happy about a positive report on my team?

That is what I dislike about people like you who pretend to be fans but are quick to pounce on anything negative

You and Gimme ought to get a room.