Broncos will stand for national anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
well that's a good start and a nice statement by the team!
-------------------------------------------
Broncos will stand for national anthem
Posted by Charean Williams on September 28, 2017, 2:57 PM EDT

The Broncos released a statement for their players announcing the team has decided to stand for the national anthem this week. The team’s leadership council, made up of about 20 players who meet once a week to discuss team issues, made the decision Wednesday.

Last week, 32 Broncos players took a knee for the national anthem before their game against the Bills.

The players’ statement reads:

“Last week, members of our team joined their brothers around the NFL in a powerful display of unity. It was an emotional time for everyone, including the fans who support us each and every week. As controversial as it appeared, we needed to show our collective strength and resolve. Our voices needed to be heard loud and clear.

“Make no mistake — our actions were in no way a protest of the military, the flag or those who keep us safe. We have nothing but the deepest love and respect for those who protect our way of life and the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.

“While there’s no greater country, it’s not perfect. Inequalities still exist, and we have work to do in ALL forms of social justice. We can all do better. It starts with us. We need to do our part and use our platform as NFL players to continue driving that positive chance.

“Our locker room is one diverse place, and that’s what makes it so special. It’s where thoughtful, intelligent leaders from all different races, religions and backgrounds come together. We may have different values and beliefs, but there’s one thing we all agree on:

“We’re a team and we stand together — no matter how divisive some comments and issues can be, nothing should ever get in the way of that.

“Starting Sunday, we’ll be standing together.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/28/broncos-will-stand-for-national-anthem/

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm glad that if the Cowboys had to lose to someone, it was to a class act organization like the Denver Broncos.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Makes me wonder what the true motivation for everyone choosing to stand really is, but regardless, it does make me happy they're going to.

Wonder what Brandon Marshall thinks about having to stand..

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
People in the comments telling them to protest on their own time. I wonder if they truly would respect if the players did protest away from the game. Because some people just don't believe that police brutality/racial injustice is real and will have a problem no matter when or where protests are done.

So, I'm assuming that all those who say do it on their own time, won't be the ones to have problems with protests about racial injustice that happen elsewhere. Unless their anger at NFL players is because they just don't want people protesting at all. And believe that racial injustice doesn't exist anymore.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes me wonder what the true motivation for everyone choosing to stand really is, but regardless, it does make me happy they're going to.

Wonder what Brandon Marshall thinks about having to stand..

Brandon Marshall?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder if the threat to the NFL's gravy train has anything to do with this?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm glad that if the Cowboys had to lose to someone, it was to a class act organization like the Denver Broncos.

Oh let's be honest....Denver players kneel...they get beat by the lowly Bills...

Steelers...the whole damn team ( minus 1 )....pulls a no-show...and they get beat by the pathetic Bears. Karma is a ***** I tell ya..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.