Brooks Bollinger

ologan

Reaction score
5Bollinger, BrooksQuarterback Height:6-1 Weight:205 College:Wisconsin Years:6

Bollinger was released from the Minnesota Vikings on the final roster reduction this year. He was originally a sixth round draft choice (200th overall) by the New York Jets in 2003. He played his first three seasons in New York before being traded to Minnesota in 2006. For his career, he has started in 10-of-19 games with 201 completions on 343 passing attempts for 2,155 yards and eight touchdowns and eight interceptions. His career passing rating is 75.2.
2006: Saw 1st action in a Vikings uniform when he came in to relieve Brad Johnson vs. New England (10/22).
2005: Stepped into Jets QB job and started 9 of the 11 games he saw action in ... Won 2 of the final 4 starts of the season, beating Oakland and Buffalo ... Completed 56.4% of his passes for the season and threw 7 TDs 2004: Saw 1st career action in 13-3 win at Arizona (11/28/04) when he went 5-of-9 for 60 yards and had 1 carry for 2 yards ... Inactive as the 3rd QB for the remaining 13 games on the season 2003: Listed as the backup QB in the opening 6 games of the season and was inactive for the last 10 games of the season as the 3rd QB.

Can he throw the deep ball?

ologan

Reaction score
lane;2340760 said:
what exactly is this?

It's who is behind Brad Johnson...Our third string QB. Does anybody know if he can throw the deep ball?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ologan;2340776 said:
It's who is behind Brad Johnson...Our third string QB. Does anybody know if he can throw the deep ball?

yea i know who he is.

your original thread had a jumbled mess with our complete roster with no paragraphs..

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
to answer your question.....

i don't know.

garrett likes him for some reason or another....maybe brad put a bug in his year.

ologan

Reaction score
lane;2340798 said:
yea i know who he is.

your original thread had a jumbled mess with our complete roster with no paragraphs..

I went back and edited that part out,or so I thought. Sorry to offend you or tax your brain.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bollinger does not have a big arm. It might be somewhat stronger than Johnson's, but not in Romo's class.

It doesnt matter though because unless Johnson is VERY bad, or gets hurt, its doubtful we see Bollinger. Honestly I dont expect Johnson to be "very bad" either. I think alot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised. The OL has gotta block better than they did vs Washington and especially Arizona though, or it makes no difference who we have back there.

ologan

Reaction score
dbair1967;2340813 said:
Bollinger does not have a big arm. It might be somewhat stronger than Johnson's, but not in Romo's class.

It doesnt matter though because unless Johnson is VERY bad, or gets hurt, its doubtful we see Bollinger. Honestly I dont expect Johnson to be "very bad" either. I think alot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised. The OL has gotta block better than they did vs Washington and especially Arizona though, or it makes no difference who we have back there.

The "o-line" is the key. I'm like you,fairly comfortable with BJ; I've always liked him as a leader even though his best years are behind him as far as skills. While we are forced to use him at this juncture,It's my opinion we could have been faced with a much worse opponent to start with than the Rams (Commanders not withstanding),and while the next game is against a better defense in the Bucs, with a game under his belt,against his old team,I think Brad will do fine there also. But not to belabor the point,it all depends on the offensive line doing much better than the past three weeks....If they don't,then we may very well see how good of an arm BB has!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ologan;2340812 said:
I went back and edited that part out,or so I thought. Sorry to offend you or tax your brain.

you sure did edit it and thanks for the personal attack..

ologan

Reaction score
Come to think of it,if BB has a stronger arm than BJ,I wouldn't mind seeing RedBall put him in for a couple of plays and send RW & TO deep...And see what opens up underneath or over the middle. Not a rotation like Staubach/Morton of old,but maybe a play or two.

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
lane;2340865 said:

Children Children please..It's only a messageboard. Why do people actually even REMOTELY get upset by what someone they don't even know says to them on a messageboard? I have never gotten angry because of a comment on a MB. The only thing I have done is laugh or just shake my head in disgust. But people actually do get their panties in an uproar sometimes over it. Which I will never understand.

ologan

Reaction score
lane;2340865 said:
My pleasure,but if you took it personally,my apology!

EndGame

Reaction score
If our offensive line doesn't block better than it has been, we're going to be seeing a lot of Brooks Bollinger very soon. Brad Johnson won't get out of the way of rushers at all.

MONT17

Reaction score
I'm so glad Romo will be back in 2 weeks. But it Would be nice to have a young gun like a Matt Moore playing this week!