Browns Joe Haden Possible Good Fit at Trade Deadline

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I Was thinking today about possible really good players we might be able to snag before the trade deadline to help our team.

I have heard plenty of rumblings regarding Cameron Wake Honestly not sure how i feel about him personally with him being 34, contract looks good though.

I think a really good/ better fit would be Browns Joe Haden he is 27 and according to this article he may be possibly available. He is signed throughout 2019 according to this article and with us probably not resigning Carr in the off season. Re-Signing Mo and teaming him with Haden would give us great flexibility in the 2017 draft to really hit the D-Line hard in the Draft, or go after a standout MLB which i think is a weak point also for this D.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nfl-trade-deadline-2016-date-possible-deals-players-are-block-2431792

http://nfltraderumors.co/tag/joe-haden/

What are your thoughts ?

Last edited:

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
you think we need corners?

I get the Pass rush is the issue, but next year DB's will be an issue this would give us a great player and give us options in the draft.

Just a little outside the box thinking

We are not gonna get a superstar pass rusher lets be real here

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Haden would almost be extraneous at this point, Jinx. Our secondary is, by far, our strongest unit on D. Much like McFadden (sorry McFadden guys), it would be a logjam at the position. Especially to give up assets for -- and the Browns would want some nice draft stock for such a player.

We need DE (to pair with Tank) and Mike LB. We'll get neither of which in a trade :(

But interesting thread topic, my brudda :)

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Haden has a good contract for a good CB. Would seem to make him attractive to the Browns as well, and he's still young. They need CBs too. I don't get where the articles are coming from but I've seen his name too (and the Browns are probably the worst managed team in the league).

Also, do we really have a CB issue next year, or a Mo issue? Carr has a year left (albeit voidable) and Scandrick isn't a FA until 2020. Anthony Brown has looked like a future starter and Byron Jones could also move to CB if we signed a FS, which is a draft strength in 2017. We could also tag Mo for a year just to make sure it's not a mirage.

Too bad we didn't sign Mo up for multiple years. Would have been a huge bargain.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
The thing about Wake that people miss is he's not supposed to be a long term solution. The reason he might be available is his age and that the Dolphins don't plan to re-sign him. He would be to help us make a run this year only and due to his age he may be one of the few pass rushers we could land.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Rather trade for Joe Thomas instead. Slide Tyron to RT and packed DMC & Free to OL/rush hungry teams like Vikes or Gints.

Joe Thomas would make best OL the most dominant EVER. But that is just me dreaming, too much invested in OL already and Jerry needs pass rush or LB help more.

Gameover

Reaction score
Here is a little project...find out Who, of our current corners, are signed beyond this year.

We're good enough to win SB 51, and your worried about 2017?

Claiborne and Brown will be here. There is also a draft and free agency to take care of that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I Was thinking today about possible really good players we might be able to snag before the trade deadline to help our team.

I have heard plenty of rumblings regarding Cameron Wake Honestly not sure how i feel about him personally with him being 34, contract looks good though.

I think a really good/ better fit would be Browns Joe Haden he is 27 and according to this article he may be possibly available. He is signed throughout 2019 according to this article and with us probably not resigning Carr in the off season. Re-Signing Mo and teaming him with Haden would give us great flexibility in the 2017 draft to really hit the D-Line hard in the Draft, or go after a standout MLB which i think is a weak point also for this D.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nfl-trade-deadline-2016-date-possible-deals-players-are-block-2431792

http://nfltraderumors.co/tag/joe-haden/

What are your thoughts ?

The following is from an article that is listing the worst players at their position this year.

Cornerbacks: Brandon Browner, Saints, 26.7, and Joe Haden, Browns, 32.3

Browner has a league-worst coverage grade of 27.3, thanks to 36 receptions allowed for 571 yards and a touchdown. Now those numbers don’t look terrible, but then you add on the 16 defensive penalties that he’s had, and his grade starts to make a lot more sense. Browner can’t seem to go one game without holding or interfering, and it’s the reason he is on this list.

Haden hasn’t played in many games this year, but when he has, the Browns would have been better off with him not suiting up. Haden is averaging just 6.2 cover snaps per reception, which is the fourth-lowest in the NFL. What’s more, his 2.60 yards per cover snaps allowed is the most in the NFL. Quarterbacks targeting Haden are 24-for-31 for 387 yards and four touchdowns. That’s a QB rating of 158.2. Quarterbacks in the NFL this season have been 0.1 point off of being absolutely perfect throwing at Joe Haden.

Honorable Mention: Brandon Flowers (34.0), Antwon Blake (31.8)

So, I'm going to go with no thanks.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
The following is from an article that is listing the worst players at their position this year.

Cornerbacks: Brandon Browner, Saints, 26.7, and Joe Haden, Browns, 32.3

Browner has a league-worst coverage grade of 27.3, thanks to 36 receptions allowed for 571 yards and a touchdown. Now those numbers don’t look terrible, but then you add on the 16 defensive penalties that he’s had, and his grade starts to make a lot more sense. Browner can’t seem to go one game without holding or interfering, and it’s the reason he is on this list.

Haden hasn’t played in many games this year, but when he has, the Browns would have been better off with him not suiting up. Haden is averaging just 6.2 cover snaps per reception, which is the fourth-lowest in the NFL. What’s more, his 2.60 yards per cover snaps allowed is the most in the NFL. Quarterbacks targeting Haden are 24-for-31 for 387 yards and four touchdowns. That’s a QB rating of 158.2. Quarterbacks in the NFL this season have been 0.1 point off of being absolutely perfect throwing at Joe Haden.

Honorable Mention: Brandon Flowers (34.0), Antwon Blake (31.8)

So, I'm going to go with no thanks.
Is it possible it could be a result of his hamstring issue, not making excuses just asking or could it also be a product of playing for the browns. If he has lost it then I would agree with you but if it is a nagging injury thing, and he could return to his normal form with the proper rest and therepy could be great value PU

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
We're good enough to win SB 51, and your worried about 2017?

Claiborne and Brown will be here. There is also a draft and free agency to take care of that.

Yes you have to look ahead! it is smart to look ahead when You have several players at a position gonna be Fa, cmon man you have to look present and future when building your team !

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it possible it could be a result of his hamstring issue, not making excuses just asking or could it also be a product of playing for the browns. If he has lost it then I would agree with you but if it is a nagging injury thing, and he could return to his normal form with the proper rest and therepy could be great value PU
He is one of the slower CBs. Once that type of player starts to age, they tend to fall off earlier than guys that had speed to burn.