Browns Starting RG Placed on IR

T-Bone 625

Reaction score
Saw this at NFL.com.

Maybe it will cost them a game or two and improve the draft pick. Hate to see a player get hurt, but the reality is it could be of benefit to the Cowboys.

McKinney placed on IR
Staff Report
The Browns placed guard Seth McKinney on Injured-Reserve on Saturday.

McKinney, 6-3 and 315 lbs., started the first eight games at right guard this season for the Browns. McKinney suffered a left shoulder injury in the third quarter of last Sunday's 33-30 overtime win against Seattle and did not return.

McKinney was signed by the Browns as an unrestricted free agent this past offseason. McKinney has played in 69 career games, including 42 starts, during his six-year NFL career with Cleveland and Miami. McKinney was originally a third round, 90th overall, choice by the Dolphins in the 2002 NFL Draft and played his first five seasons in the NFL with Miami.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The one we need on IR is that freakin' LT. That rookie has been a freakin' stud this year. If not for Peterson, I'd say Joe Thomas is the rookie of the year.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
how lucky are the pats- they have the niners pick, we have the browns. 6 months ago, the niners were a darkhorse for the playoffs and everyone thought the cleveland pick would be top 5... six months later and the roles have reversed.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nav22;1755049 said:
And by that, I'll assume you mean Derek Anderson.

No, I mean their Left Tackle. W/o him, Andersen will start getting hit. When that happens, he'll resort to his normal old suckiness.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Teague31;1755052 said:
how lucky are the pats- they have the niners pick, we have the browns. 6 months ago, the niners were a darkhorse for the playoffs and everyone thought the cleveland pick would be top 5... six months later and the roles have reversed.
I don't know what fools thought the 49ers were going to be studs this year, but I never bought that crap. I've seen the Commanders bring in expensive free agent after expensive free agent and they still aren't shaking up the world, why the hell would it work for the 49ers?

The fact that the Pats can cheat and still end up with a top 10 pick is just plain stupid.

T-Bone 625

Reaction score
tomson75;1755035 said:
McFadden is all but a done deal!!!!!!!!

:cool:

McFadden is going to be hard to get. The Browns pick is probably going to be in the mid-teens at best. The cost to move up will be very high and we need to get younger at CB and WR. We could more than likely get good players at these positions if we keep the picks we have.

Barber will be the feature back. Sign a mid-level vet RB for depth (or re-sign JJ if not too expensive) and to spell Barber for 10-12 carries a game. Draft a RB to upgrade Thompson in the 2nd or 3rd round. If the rookie beats out the vet signing, then it's all good.

All that being said, I'm all for getting McFadden if we don't have to sell the farm and mortgage the future. The cost is going to be high to move up especially with what AP is doing this year in Minny.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
T-Bone 625;1755064 said:
McFadden is going to be hard to get. The Browns pick is probably going to be in the mid-teens at best. The cost to move up will be very high and we need to get younger at CB and WR. We could more than likely get good players at these positions if we keep the picks we have.

Barber will be the feature back. Sign a mid-level vet RB for depth (or re-sign JJ if not too expensive) and to spell Barber for 10-12 carries a game. Draft a RB to upgrade Thompson in the 2nd or 3rd round. If the rookie beats out the vet signing, then it's all good.

All that being said, I'm all for getting McFadden if we don't have to sell the farm and mortgage the future. The cost is going to be high to move up especially with what AP is doing this year in Minny.

lmao...I know. I'm affraid you're right.

Someone suggested that we could still land him with Cleveland's first, our '09 first, and a '08 third....to me, this would be worth it. I certainly wouldn't give up anything more than that. However, I don't see that scenario being enough to move up to get him. C'est la vie.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
T-Bone 625;1755064 said:

Clevland probably wins 3-4 more games, so that would put them at 8-8 at worst. So we are looking at probably 15-19 range I would guess.

For the sake of argument, lets say we crash and burn in December just like we do every freaking year and end with 10 or 11 wins on the year. That probably puts us in the mid 20s, around 23-27 range.

If we take both of these picks, would could probably get to the 4th or 5th spot based off the draft value chart. To get up to the top spot or even #2 slot, we probably have to pitch in our #1 the following year.

Cleveland might actually make playoffs this year or come real close and I dont see use crashing and burning this year. So the picks are probably going to be even lower than in this example.

BOTTOM LINE: MCFADDEN WILL COST 3-FIRST ROUNDERS, KINDA PRICEY

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
T-Bone 625;1755023 said:
Saw this at NFL.com.

Maybe it will cost them a game or two and improve the draft pick. Hate to see a player get hurt, but the reality is it could be of benefit to the Cowboys.

McKinney placed on IR
Staff Report
The Browns placed guard Seth McKinney on Injured-Reserve on Saturday.

McKinney, 6-3 and 315 lbs., started the first eight games at right guard this season for the Browns. McKinney suffered a left shoulder injury in the third quarter of last Sunday's 33-30 overtime win against Seattle and did not return.

McKinney was signed by the Browns as an unrestricted free agent this past offseason. McKinney has played in 69 career games, including 42 starts, during his six-year NFL career with Cleveland and Miami. McKinney was originally a third round, 90th overall, choice by the Dolphins in the 2002 NFL Draft and played his first five seasons in the NFL with Miami.
You know what irks me in one of those "dag nabit!" type ways.

We leave the draft feeling great, eyes on the prize in 2008; sure we will have a top 5 pick. Now...it's looking to be middle of the pack if not lower.

The Patriots...cheat...have to give up their own 1st round draft pick (which will likely be in the lower 10) BUT they have San Francisco's #1 which could give them a Top 5 pick despite the "punishment" handed down by the league.

hehe...POO on that!

T-Bone 625

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1755081 said:
Clevland probably wins 3-4 more games, so that would put them at 8-8 at worst. So we are looking at probably 15-19 range I would guess.

For the sake of argument, lets say we crash and burn in December just like we do every freaking year and end with 10 or 11 wins on the year. That probably puts us in the mid 20s, around 23-27 range.

If we take both of these picks, would could probably get to the 4th or 5th spot based off the draft value chart. To get up to the top spot or even #2 slot, we probably have to pitch in our #1 the following year.

Cleveland might actually make playoffs this year or come real close and I dont see use crashing and burning this year. So the picks are probably going to be even lower than in this example.

BOTTOM LINE: MCFADDEN WILL COST 3-FIRST ROUNDERS, KINDA PRICEY

I do believe McFadden is a pipe dream now for the Cowboys unless the Browns suddenly tank. Too cost prohibitive to move up and get.

We have a good back and the opportunity with two 1st rounders to upgrade some key areas with talented youth. This team is in good shape for an extended run of excellence.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Thomas deserves to go the the Pro Bowl -

Having a great season

SacredStar

Reaction score
Rack;1755027 said:
The one we need on IR is that freakin' LT. That rookie has been a freakin' stud this year. If not for Peterson, I'd say Joe Thomas is the rookie of the year.

I go to every Badger game and last year watching Joe Thomas was special. He just mauls guys and you can't budge him off the line. He is huge and plays with a ton of heart.

I'm happy to see him succeed in the NFL. Guys like him don't grow on trees.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nav22;1755049 said:
And by that, I'll assume you mean Derek Anderson.

Uh......no. Derek Anderson is not a LT. He's the QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
T-Bone 625;1755187 said:
I do believe McFadden is a pipe dream now for the Cowboys unless the Browns suddenly tank. Too cost prohibitive to move up and get.

We have a good back and the opportunity with two 1st rounders to upgrade some key areas with talented youth. This team is in good shape for an extended run of excellence.

Agreed.........noway I give up 3 first-rounders for a RB to split carries with Barber.

I say we draft the best CB and WR with our 2 first-rounders. :D