Browns: Winslow challenges teammates, wants to play defense

Rayman

Reaction score
Browns: Winslow challenges teammates, wants to play defense

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

News
Browns' rookie tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. challenged his teammates on Tuesday to match his intensity level. "I only know one speed and I'm going to go 100 percent every play," Winslow told ESPN.com. "I think the Browns need this. We all need this. We want (to make) a name for ourselves. We want to make our identity." Winslow also asked Browns' defensive coordinator Dave Campo to let him play defensive end during practice. "(Campo) said we'll look at it," said Winslow.

Views
Well, it didn't take long for Winslow to start shooting his mouth off. If the rest of the Browns matched Kellen's intensity level, the team would set a new record for most penalties in a single season long before week eight. As for the possibility of Winslow playing defense, don't hold your breath.

.........This team is screwed if they need a hold out rookie ****** to get them motivated.

Reaction score
he got ruined against the titans that was so classic

his dad wasn't anything like this right? before my time but i always thought kw sr was a blue collar type of guy.

Rayman

Reaction score
The Trashcan Is Burning said:
he got ruined against the titans that was so classic

his dad wasn't anything like this right? before my time but i always thought kw sr was a blue collar type of guy.

I don't remember hearing anything negative about the guy, but I think he is kind of "us against the world" now.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rayman said:
I don't remember hearing anything negative about the guy, but I think he is kind of "us against the world" now.

Agreed.

Senior was a hell of a player and in the perfect offense at the time...I do not remember ever hearing about him being like Jr when he played...however there was no message boards and internet at the time so who knows.

However he does seem to have that attitude NOW.
Maybe he just kept it all in while he played and told his boy to let it all out...who knows.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
I'm no psychologist but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Jr doubts his own ability so he feels the need to shoot his mouth off any time someone shoves a mike in front of his face... and even when there isn't one. He's a hell of a ball player if he would just shut up.

Bobo

Reaction score
I just wonder how much we'd hear about Kellen if his last name wasn't Winslow? He's got the skills, but the name is surely adding to the hype. He's not one of my favorite players....unless he tries to spy on Randy Starks again :D