Brugler thinks Xavier Worthy is overrated

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worthy's been a consensus 1st round projection but Dane has him as his 10th WR with a 2nd-3rd round grade.

Flamma

Reaction score
Worthy's been a consensus 1st round projection but Dane has him as his 10th WR with a 2nd-3rd round grade.
Tankathon has him ranked at 39. The hype on him reminds me of Jalen Raegor back in 2020. So fast, and so great. Absolutely sucked.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
WRs that are this ultra fast have a poor history in the NFL-John Ross,Ted Ginn Jr., Marquise Goodwin(not the worst), Jerome Mathis,Jacoby Ford,JJ Nelson,Tyrone Calico,Darius Heyward-Bey,Tyquan Thorton,Anthony Schwartz,Rondel Menedez,Henry Ruggs (too fast),Ron Brown(LA Rams),Renaldo Nehemiah.

That said some notable WRs that did well and are super fast-Tyreek Hill,Marquise Brown,guys from a looong time ago-Willie Gault/Bob Hayes, Randy Moss,Dante Hall,Mike Wallace,Joey Galloway(yes really).

It's almost like you have ton better chances with a slower WR in the 4.3s or 4.4s. But the recorded speeds of some these guys is probably in error or poor showing for them, especially WRs like T.O.,Jerry Rice etc.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
WRs that are this ultra fast have a poor history in the NFL-John Ross,Ted Ginn Jr., Marquise Goodwin(not the worst), Jerome Mathis,Jacoby Ford,JJ Nelson,Tyrone Calico,Darius Heyward-Bey,Tyquan Thorton,Anthony Schwartz,Rondel Menedez,Henry Ruggs (too fast),Ron Brown(LA Rams),Renaldo Nehemiah.

That said some notable WRs that did well and are super fast-Tyreek Hill,Marquise Brown,guys from a looong time ago-Willie Gault/Bob Hayes, Randy Moss,Dante Hall,Mike Wallace,Joey Galloway(yes really).

It's almost like you have ton better chances with a slower WR in the 4.3s or 4.4s. But the recorded speeds of some these guys is probably in error or poor showing for them, especially WRs like T.O.,Jerry Rice etc.
Remember Alexander Wright?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think I heard Michael Irvin say that a receiver can be so fast he can't slow himself to get in and out of his route smoothly, which is really what a receiver needs to do.
You don't need to have track speed to be a good receiver, just enough foot speed to change directions or accelerate quickly into your route. The name of the game is separation, and if you can do that (and have a quarterback who can deliver the ball accurately), you can be a star at wide receiver.

quickccc

Reaction score
Tankathon has him ranked at 39. The hype on him reminds me of Jalen Raegor back in 2020. So fast, and so great. Absolutely sucked.
a much better COLLEGE player ..than what he was at the NFL level. Sometimes college football can make certain players look
much better than what they are at that level, ..as opposed to what they end up looking like at the NFL level.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I think I heard Michael Irvin say that a receiver can be so fast he can't slow himself to get in and out of his route smoothly, which is really what a receiver needs to do.
You don't need to have track speed to be a good receiver, just enough foot speed to change directions or accelerate quickly into your route. The name of the game is separation, and if you can do that (and have a quarterback who can deliver the ball accurately), you can be a star at wide receiver.
Sage comments from Irvin and makes sense. I would think a big part of the game for consistent success is how quickly can you get out of your breaks to create space.

It takes discipline for college burners to have the wherewithal to want to work on technique that will accentuate their speed instead of just relying on their given abilities.

A fast dude that loves working his craft is a dangerous player. Find that guy. Is it BTJ?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Also, some are so used to winning with speed that they don't know how or aren't able to fight through press coverage. Every NFL corner they face is the best corner they faced in college, so speed alone is not enough.

RS12

Reaction score
Here before round 3, he would be a waste. KC at 32 if he stays healthy, with a QB that can actually get him the ball, he might be able to fill the Cheetah role. I have read they are intersted.