News: BTB: Cowboys at Cardinals: 'So, now it is definitely a tank until Kyler Murray gets back'

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I am interested in seeing if Dak and the offense can take some more steps forward on Sunday.

Right now they are 19th overall on offense— obviously due to the small sample size and the low output in the Giants game.

I think if we can field an offense that is in the top third of the league, even with the Diggs injury, this will be a very, very tough team to beat.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even when Murray returns they should tank. They need a lot of help. With a high first and a lot of QB's available next year they could trade down. If I'm not mistaken they have the Texans first rounder also. It's possible they could have two top 5 picks. Doesn't that sound like fun! Imagine how many players they could add in the first three rounds.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am interested in seeing if Dak and the offense can take some more steps forward on Sunday.

Right now they are 19th overall on offense— obviously due to the small sample size and the low output in the Giants game.

I think if we can field an offense that is in the top third of the league, even with the Diggs injury, this will be a very, very tough team to beat.
If you rewatch the Jets game, it is so clear how Mike was calling the game. At one point we were up by 2 scores and ha d a1st an goal. He calls a pitch to Pollard and he loses a few yards. Now it is 2nd and goal from the 12.... He runs the ball again, then third and goal has a little flair out to the RB... not even trying to score, but intent to kick a FG just to go up 3 scores.

Carson

Reaction score
If you rewatch the Jets game, it is so clear how Mike was calling the game. At one point we were up by 2 scores and ha d a1st a goal. He calls a pitch to Pollard and he loses a few yards. Now it is 2nd and goal from the 12.... He runs the ball again, then third and goal has a little flair out to the RB... not even trying to score, but intent to kick a FG just to go up 3 scores.
It’s how you win games. Kill shots are nice, but against battered teams a pick 6 or a fumble changes the game

speedkilz88

Reaction score

I've never seen a team win because they had the most yardage in the game. Cowboys are #1 in scoring offense.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s how you win games. Kill shots are nice, but against battered teams a pick 6 or a fumble changes the game
My point was siply you can not judge the offense by stats because the coach is not coaching for stats. Had it been a 3 point game, he clearly would have been more aggressive in his play calls.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If you rewatch the Jets game, it is so clear how Mike was calling the game. At one point we were up by 2 scores and ha d a1st an goal. He calls a pitch to Pollard and he loses a few yards. Now it is 2nd and goal from the 12.... He runs the ball again, then third and goal has a little flair out to the RB... not even trying to score, but intent to kick a FG just to go up 3 scores.
Yup. He has complete faith in his D. A FG is a positive play, forcing a throw into the end zone against a good D could easily result in a negative play.

Kellen was interested in Madden stats. MM is interested in complimentary, smart, efficient offensive football. I believe we held the ball for over 40 mins. That is the best kind of 40 burger LOL…

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I've never seen a team win because they had the most yardage in the game. Cowboys are #1 in scoring offense.
Agreed. It’s not about stats and numbers, it is about execution and playing sound, smart, complimentary football.

Against an undermanned Ariz team, I’d like to see Dak and Co dictate tempo and put them behind the clock and scoreboard and force Dobbs to throw to catch up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

we probably won't see much. keep it simple. no risk necessary. we are more talented across the board. so it comes down to coaches game plans and keeping players focused.
we should play conservative, run the ball, safe passes. churn drives and allow defense to dominate.
its about the W not the stats.

also, the less we show the better. less game film on things we do.

phillycard

Reaction score
It's easy to tank when you have Manny, Moe, and Jack playing key roles on offense and defense. We actually had chances to come into this game 2-0 but we lack the ability and/or dogs needed to put games away. If they want to call it a tank, that's fine with me.