News: BTB: Cowboys at Giants: Injury Report Rules Out J.J. Wilcox, DeMarcus Lawrence Questionable

NewsBot

Reaction score
615060708.0.jpeg

Who will play and who won’t in the Cowboys and Giants game.

The final injury reports are in for the Dallas Cowboys Sunday night game against the New York Giants, and three Cowboys will not participate. Safety J.J. Wilcox with miss his second straight game after suffering a thigh contusion in the Washington game. There had been hope earlier this week that he would be healthy enough to play, but he never got on the practice field this week. That leaves Jeff Heath as the third safety in the rotation with Barry Church and Byron Jones.

Morris Claiborne is again out as he continues to rehab his injured groin in hopes of playing before the season ends and the playoffs begin. Chaz Green will also miss the game with recurring back issues.

Of some concern is the questionable status of DeMarcus Lawrence. It’s no surprise to see the defensive end on the injury list with back issues, but normally he is a limited participant in practice. This week, in a change, he missed the final two practices this week. Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli thinks Lawrence will play but it is something to keep an eye on this weekend. Another questionable player is linebacker Justin Durant who is recovering from a hamstring injury. Durant has been a limited participant in practice this week and he has stated he expects to play.

Other regulars on the injury list like Orlando Scandrick, Tyron Smith and Jack Crawford are expected to play.

The Giants will be without the services of Jason Pierre-Paul who will likely miss the rest of the season with a groin injury. They may get guard Justin Pugh back after a month on the shelf and that would really help their offensive line. Pugh, listed as questionable, believes that he will play, but reports are that Marshall Newhouse took the first-string reps all week at practice, a possible indicator that he will get the start. They are also hoping that running back Shane Vereen will be active for the first time since Week 3, they have until 4 PM ET on Saturday to make that decision.

Johnathan Hankins and Dwayne Harris are also listed as questionable but they are expected to play.

Continue reading...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
With his injury I'm wondering if Scandrick gets thru the entire game. We would miss Durant.

I don't want mostly new guys back there at DB.

Titleist

Reaction score
The final injury reports are in for the Dallas Cowboys Sunday night game against the New York Giants, and three Cowboys will not participate. Safety J.J. Wilcox with miss his second straight game after suffering a thigh contusion in the Washington game. There had been hope earlier this week that he would be healthy enough to play, but he never got on the practice field this week. That leaves Jeff Heath as the third safety in the rotation with Barry Church and Byron Jones.
Any chance we see Kavon Frazier out there? Like Nzeocha, I've been waiting to see what these guys can do in the regular season.. even a handful of snaps might be informative.

Edit: Oops, just realized I quoted a bot. I need to start slow down my adult beverage pace..

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Any chance we see Kavon Frazier out there? Like Nzeocha, I've been waiting to see what these guys can do in the regular season.. even a handful of snaps might be informative.

Edit: Oops, just realized I quoted a bot. I need to start slow down my adult beverage pace..

I moved the article from the News Zone. You're responding to the article written by Dave Halprin.

Zordon

Reaction score

all of his defensive snaps on the season (14) came in the Commanders game when we sustained all of those injuries. He didn't play on defense in the Vikings game so he's most likely only going to play if Heath, Church, or Jones get hurt.

Temo

Reaction score
With his injury I'm wondering if Scandrick gets thru the entire game. We would miss Durant.

I don't want mostly new guys back there at DB.

If it's plantar fascitis, it shouldn't restrict him from completing the game. It'll decrease your performance, but it won't keep you from playing.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If it's plantar fascitis, it shouldn't restrict him from completing the game. It'll decrease your performance, but it won't keep you from playing.

It depends on how bad it is. If it's severe and diffuse you have trouble injecting it. You can only put in so much Marcaine.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Lawrence and Durant will both play but how well they do remains to be seen. Glad to see Scandrick, Tyron and Jack Crawford are getting the green light as well -- those three are great competitors. The Giants are just as banged up as we are, so may the best team win. It'll be intense.