BTB:Cowboys News And Notes: Proud Papa Romo Edition

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...otes-tony-romo-baby-bradie-james-cheerleaders

Would be quite a fall for Jones, from starter in September 2011 to looking for a job in the summer of 2012. But it gives you some idea what the Cowboys think about him. He did an okay job filling in for Murray after Murray got hurt last year, but the offense tailed off considerably with Jones as the lead back. It may be that they believe they need someone or something different in that role -- or that they'd like to give Tanner more carries. Certainly, if you see them draft a running back in the top half of the draft, you have to think Jones is at least in trouble.

Clifton Geathers, signed during the 2010 season, has shown progress working with Brian Baker and assistant D-Line coach Leon Lett.

Two things come out: I think Geathers, along with Sean Lissemore and Josh Brent, are seen by the team as having a very big part to play this year in improving the effectiveness of the defense. And I am thrilled to see the Big Cat working with the young'uns. Leon got a raw deal because of a couple of moments of mental flatulence, and I hope he is very successful coaching.