News: BTB: Cowboys News & Notes: Dunbar Says Goal Is To Play In Opener

NewsBot

Reaction score
176708624.0_standard_400.0.jpg

Everybody was excited about the prospect of Lance Dunbar joining the Cowboys offensive attack this season. Last year he got a little time, but this year he was looking like a weapon. Then injury hit, 3-4 weeks with a sprained foot. That would be really close to the opener making his participation doubtful. But Dunbar plans on playing.

“That’s my goal,” Dunbar said of playing the first game. “Most definitely. It’s just disappointing but that’s football. That’s what happens. I’m just going to work hard to get back quick.”

His opinion on how long he'll be out?

“I’m not sure exactly but it’s day-to-day,” Dunbar said. “I know it’s getting better. It feels a lot better than it did yesterday. My mindset is just: get back in the weight room and get treatment on this. Get back there as fast as I can.”

Maybe we can gauge it by another player who is suffering from a sprained foot. Cole Beasley sprained his foot in the Oakland game but hopes to participate in the Bengals game, two weeks later.

“I still haven’t really run yet, but I’ve got to get to where I can run with my normal body weight, then get out and cut and make plants and do things that receivers need to do,” Beasley said. “Hopefully I’ll be able to practice before the week is over, but I’m not sure. We’ll see.”

Of course, no two foot sprains are exactly alike, so the comparison doesn't really hold, but hey, we're grasping at optimistic straws, here.

In Dunbar's absence, Phillip Tanner, the forgotten back from Saturday should start seeing more action. We love Tanner's bowling ball style on the field, but off the field he also has a great attitude even when not playing.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: