News: BTB: Dallas Cowboys Mock Draft 5.0: Cowboys trade up for playmaking athletic freak

Jake0

Reaction score
I'd rather they fix their 2nd round incompetence by proving they can draft quality players. Last year was Chido, looks good so far. If we can trade back and get a late 1st and another 2nd that'd be awesome. I agree with tons of potential studs in the 2nd round. Not much difference between late 1st and players in the 2nd imo.

rkell87

Reaction score
Derwin would be amazing but a 2nd this year is too high imo
thats a starter lost and the Cowboys need more than 1 player
if you could spread it out fine but in the 1st you get that starting guard linebacker defensive tackle or even trade back for more picks in the 2nd or 3rd
2nd round should be another starter

as consolation what if Kris moves Woods to FS and give him 6-8 games to see what he can do now that he knows the defense and has seen nfl speed
he could be great who knows
then you have Vander Esch starting at mike with Lee and Jaylon or Hitchens
Jourdan Chido and Byron
Tim Settle or a FA starting with Collins Tank and Irving
The way we use our second round picks it's far from a given we get a starter but I agree. Personally I'd hope the target is Vea if we go up to 11. I know we all want a great safety but I don't think that is something you try and force, even Seattle got lucky with Thomas because Berry was in the same draft. Good safety play can be bought for a lesser cost than our top two picks.

DiResta

Reaction score
The way we use our second round picks it's far from a given we get a starter but I agree. Personally I'd hope the target is Vea if we go up to 11. I know we all want a great safety but I don't think that is something you try and force, even Seattle got lucky with Thomas because Berry was in the same draft. Good safety play can be bought for a lesser cost than our top two picks.
i think to move to 10 would cost next years #1 pick
i dont know what 11 would cost but the only way i would move that high from 19 would be for a qb

i dont think Derwin will fall that far
Roquan might fall to us though

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ditto. This is the best mock I've seen so far

Draft Board:
1) S James
2) LBs Smith/Edmunds
3) OG Nelson
4) DT Vea
5) DE Landry
6) OG Hernandez
7) trade down

Looks good but Hernandez is projected as a first or second rounder, no way he's available in the 6th round...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Trading up for Derwin and giving up that much is a steep price to pay...

Is he worth it? IMO yes.

If we did more in Free Agency then I would be ok with this but if we skip Free Agency then I hate gutting our draft for 1 player.

As of now I want to trade down and be super aggressive I the 2nd round. I would like for us to have at least 2 or 3 second round picks.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Trading up for Derwin and giving up that much is a steep price to pay...

Is he worth it? IMO yes.

For a team with limited needs, I would agree, but the Cowboys need too many players in too many positions to give up that much for James.

IMO:thumbdown:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For a team with limited needs, I would agree, but the Cowboys need too many players in too many positions to give up that much for James.

IMO:thumbdown:

I’m kinda with you..

If he hits his full potential then it’s provably worth it though.