BtB: Players the Cowboys should consider trading

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Donovan Wilson wouldn't surprise me, but Bass and Golston definitely would. Problem is that you wouldn't really get anything.
Agreed. DL is a weakness, I don't know why we would trade one away. And with Martin retiring soon, I can't see them trading away a good young guard that could potentially take over for him next year, plus you can never have enough OL depth.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Wilson won’t be traded but he’s definitely at risk of being cut after this season. He’ll need a big year to stay.

The other guys are untradable unless you want a late round draft pick swap like Philly took for Phillips.

Creeper

Reaction score
They are not trading Golston unless they can find a better replacement. But yes, he is not doing great things in Dallas.

TJ Bass, has not looked that great in preseason games so far. He has been okay, but I was hoping we would see something better this year after a promising 2023.

Donovan Wilson is an interesting player. I don't know how much he would get in a trade, but anything is better than nothing. The question is, is Wilson the right guy to trade, or cut? Is Hooker doing anything for Dallas. I think he is a steady player and his experience is helpful in a young secondary, but the secondary is experienced now and I think the Cowboys might have better Safety options.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. DL is a weakness, I don't know why we would trade one away. And with Martin retiring soon, I can't see them trading away a good young guard that could potentially take over for him next year, plus you can never have enough OL depth.
True. But with the depth of the OL, Bass could be caught up in a numbers game. So I see why they suggested him in a trade. As he may sought after more than offering Ball in a trade. They could shop both and take the highest trade value.

Either for a draft pick or maybe a DL.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I look at both starting Ss as tradeable because of Thomas n Bell. The other guys (Bass n Chauncey) not so much.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those 3 players are worth more to the Cowboys than they would get in a trade. So they would be better off keeping them.

Retro88

Reaction score
I'd rather we keep this team as good as we can for this season. If it doesn't work out well then next year you talk about rebuilding & trading. But for this year I just want to run it and whatever happens, happens. Of course this changes if you're offered a significant return.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Veteran players for Dallas that don't play in the preseason games are locks to make the roster. I don't recall seeing Wilson play in the preseason so far so I don't see him being traded. Golston is probably safe due to a lack of DLine depth and he can play DE and DT. I don't know if you could even get anything for Bass.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Donovan Wilson wouldn't surprise me, but Bass and Golston definitely would. Problem is that you wouldn't really get anything.
A few late round draft picks that can be packaged with all the other late round projected comp picks. Trade up in the draft.
However, do they want to trade away some depth.

I would be ok with trading Wilson and keeping Wood from what I seen so far. But is Wood just a PS / TC standout, that could get to the PS.

Trade Ball or Bass, as one of them will get caught up in. a numbers game.
Golston, again, not sure do you trade away depth on an already thin DL, unless another player may be a sleeper to be better. Maybe Wheat. Just throwing his name out there.