Buccaneers Johnson to be Released

k19

Reaction score
Buccaneers | Johnson to be Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:29:46 -0800

ESPNews reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers plan to release QB Brad Johnson once the final paper work on a new deal for QB Brian Griese is completed.

And the cuts continue

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K19 said:
Buccaneers | Johnson to be Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:29:46 -0800

ESPNews reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers plan to release QB Brad Johnson once the final paper work on a new deal for QB Brian Griese is completed.

And the cuts continue

Arizona maybe?? Did play under Green at Minny. Though I've heard his arm strength not ideal to begin with has really gone down hill.

k19

Reaction score
He's still a smart QB that doesnt make too many mental mistakes. Granted he never had the whole package and what he has has deteriorated over time.

Not a bad release on TB's part. They have Griese at 30, Simms at 25, and Akili Smith in Europe who's 30. Guess they no longer need Johnson at 37. Yet another organization moving toward younger QB's to take them into the future.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K19 said:
He's still a smart QB that doesnt make too many mental mistakes. Granted he never had the whole package and what he has has deteriorated over time.

Not a bad release on TB's part. They have Griese at 30, Simms at 25, and Akili Smith in Europe who's 30. Guess they no longer need Johnson at 37. Yet another organization moving toward younger QB's to take them into the future.

Young QBs?? Only young one is Simms. All those other guys are 30 and rehab projects. If you looked at the espn.com article on Griese's signing, it's a year to year thing and all about production. He does well, they restructure his contract for another year. If he doesn't produce, then he's cut and they hand the reigns to Simms. Akili is trade bait regardless, he's trying to be the next Tommy Maddox and resuscitate his NFL career.

I do think Johnson will catch on somewhere as #2. STL, AZ, even SF are possibilities.

k19

Reaction score
and our QB last year was......................... :D

Gruden has had a decent amount of success resurrecting QB's careers, I'm curious as to see how his latest experiment goes.

Atleast they are moving in a different direction, hopefully we will be soon to follow. The terms of Bledsoes deal looks like we may be getting there eventually