Burger King - Law Quote

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
This about sums it up - Law not going to play for cheap (sorry Nors)

"Quoting Ty Law"

But if you can't afford Patrick Surtain [who was dealt to Kansas City in April], how can you afford me? The Jets are interested. Kansas City called again. Tampa Bay faxed an offer. Indianapolis is in it. I got an offer, sight unseen for $2.5 million for one year. If I wasn't ready, I'd just take it. But I'm going to be ready to play and that's not the kind of contract I should get. Before they signed Surtain, the Chiefs gave me, like, a $42 million offer. But it was structured so bad that I'd probably only make $10 million before they'd cut me. So I didn't do it.''

Here's the entire article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/06/27/mmqb.law/index.html

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If Ty Law can get it - more power to him.

I'd sign a healthy Ty Law to a greater than $3M DEAL. Heck isn't that what George and VT hauled in last year?

At crazy money I no want Law, and he will remain unemployed.
I'd be concerned about the attitude but I know he'll back it up on the field. He plays 110%.

Lets see if his mind changes two weeks into camp!

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
If he's healthy - 3Million would be a steal. The main question is he really healthy and how long of a deal does he want? It sounds like he's wanting muliple years guaranteed. It also sounds like he's still playing CB.

Again, I think any chance of Law playing in Dallas is slim to none. And no chance whatsoever for him coming on the cheap to play FS.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
"... But it was structured so bad that I'd probably only make $10 million before they'd cut me. So I didn't do it.''

Only Ten Million? :rolleyes:

Maybe "Foot Boy" needs to concern himself with just simply running and cutting again before he starts whining about money. Besides, 10 mil ain't too bad for a guy who's destined for the PUP list (this year) anyway.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Dallas has large contracts tied up in Newman, Williams, and Henry making it an already expensive secondary. I would think if they added a long term deal for Law to this group they would be asking for problems as early as next season.

They have cap space this year, but Stephen Jones would have to come up with a creative salary structure for it to keep working.

It's fun to dream about Henry or Law at free safety with Glenn coming in as nickel cornerback! With any kind of pass rush that pass defense could be special (depending on Newman having a breakout year, Henry meeting expectations, Roy returning to form at SS, and Glenn and Law still having something left in the tank.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Law is too expensive and he's too old.

And he can barely run if you believe the media reports. Has anyone seen any "footage" :)D) of Law running or cutting in the last month? I sure haven't.

scottsp

Reaction score
Ty Law sure is doing a lot of talking for a guy who hasn't played in quite a while. I bet he doesn't get the money he's yapping about and certainly won't be the best corner out there.

I do believe he hasn't played since the new contact rules have been implemented either.

Dallas won't be anywhere near that nonsense. And this guy won't be willing to play safety for anyone.

blindzebra

Reaction score
scottsp said:
Ty Law sure is doing a lot of talking for a guy who hasn't played in quite a while. I bet he doesn't get the money he's yapping about and certainly won't be the best corner out there.

I do believe he hasn't played since the new contact rules have been implemented either.

Dallas won't be anywhere near that nonsense. And this guy won't be willing to play safety for anyone.

He did play half the season last year under the new rules and he played like crap.;)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Law is too expensive and he's too old.

........... and ther you have it.

Evenin' Winks.