Burnett & Carpenter & also Bowen

sago1

Reaction score
Was listening to Spagnola's Talkin Cowboys show this morning and they mentioned that Cowboys had Kevin Burnett and Carpenter in there. They went on to state that Carpenter was even playing DT putting pressure on Grossman. They seemed to be complimentary of their play.

Now I watched the whole game but admit that too often I don't know the players' numbers and of course the announcers never seemed to identify those players involved in big plays or just in the game at that point. Can anyone provide any particulars about their play, etc.?

Bowen also was in there and almost sacked Grossman.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Bowen did pretty well and it surprised the h e l l out of me, never expected that from him.

Reaction score
sago1;1667150 said:
Was listening to Spagnola's Talkin Cowboys show this morning and they mentioned that Cowboys had Kevin Burnett and Carpenter in there. They went on to state that Carpenter was even playing DT putting pressure on Grossman. They seemed to be complimentary of their play.

Now I watched the whole game but admit that too often I don't know the players' numbers and of course the announcers never seemed to identify those players involved in big plays or just in the game at that point. Can anyone provide any particulars about their play, etc.?

Bowen also was in there and almost sacked Grossman.

Carpenter was lining up over the center in a 2 point stance showing a blitz and then droppinig back in coverage. He did rush out of it a couple of times.

Kind of had a Patriots look from when they played the eagles in the Superbowl and they had two down lineman and 5 linebackers on the field to confuse McFlabb when they opened the game up.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Bowen got some push off the edge a few times. One for a hurry / hit.

The more production out of the rotation the better.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carpenter was deep on his drop and a bit slow to react on Rex's scramble. Other than that, I didn't notice his play much either way, other to see that he was in the game. Burnett looks good this year, and I expect him to get more playing time as the defense tightens up.

Garret

Reaction score
I feel like Hatcher hasnt shown much yet. Maybe I just missed him but he showed alot last yr so he needs to step it up.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Garret;1667396 said:
I feel like Hatcher hasnt shown much yet. Maybe I just missed him but he showed alot last yr so he needs to step it up.

I think its likely that he's nowhere near 100% yet...he had a pretty bad hamstring pull

David