Burnett - Will He Impact This Year?

daniukid

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is up with KB? He has been such a big disappointment after his early surgery. I was hoping that he would burst onto the scene especially to become a playmaker for us, particularly after we lost Big Datty. But it seems like he's not even getting on the field. Does anyone know how he's doing or if he'll do anything for the rest of the season? And are we still high on him for next year?
-daniukid

Hiero

Reaction score
I dunno it really seems as if he isnt gonna do anything this year, but I am still holding out hope.

te0002

Reaction score
He's not doing what Bill wants on ST's and therefore he's not getting many chances in the regular packages. I think he'll be another James-type who takes an extra year for the game to really slow down for him.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
For some strange reason it is taking him longer........not sure why?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I have been harsh because I typically think that a 6-10 team should be drafting players good enough to step in a start Day 1 in the second round. I had high hopes for him.

However, I still think he is going to be a good player. My guess is that an offseason in the weight and film room and he'll start making an impact.

At one point this offseason, he was first team nickel. BP took him off because he thought he was getting over loaded. I think they had big plans for him and he disappointed. The injury didn't help either.

I expect he moves inside after a year of bulking up.

conner01

Reaction score
some guys are slow to catch on. and it is a new scheme for him, so it's not unexpected that he would struggle learning a new scheme and the nfl game at once.bradie has come on real well and i see no reason to think kevin won't do the same thing.it may take a couple of years but i still think he was a good pick for what bill is doing wth the defense