Bush or Peterson??

chicago JK

Reaction score
I know there are probably more OU fans on this board, but if you could pick one player to have in 2 years who would you chose? Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson. Both are big time studs despite being different players.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
chicago JK said:
I know there are probably more OU fans on this board, but if you could pick one player to have in 2 years who would you chose? Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson. Both are big time studs despite being different players.

If you have watched Adrian Peterson you probably would not be asking this question. That is not a knock at Bush tho. Its just the kid is unreal when he touches the ball.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I have watched him and he is very good, but you may be a little biased too :).

I am sure USC fans are saying the same thing about Bush who has to share carries with also another really good sophmore back.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I see Bush as more of a Dante Hall type of guy, who can change the momentum of a game simply through a few touches.

Peterson is a feature back, wear down the defense, control the clock, and then break a big run every once and a while.

They're really different players and tough to compare. Realistically, Bush isn't a running back. He really doesn't have a position. He's a playmaker, but he doesn't really fit into an every-down sort of situation.

Peterson, though young, is a prototypical running back. He's not there yet, but he has the potential to be a really special back.

Personally, I'd take the feature back, but Bush is certainly talented and very important to his team.

TxStar61

Reaction score
chicago JK said:

Please at least give him 3 or 4 years...(If he's really smart!) Adrian (ALL DAY) Peterson :D

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Peterson is having a better year but Bush dosent get many rushing attempts but Bush is a complete back

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of Bush. He is electric.

I'd rather have Peterson. He just seems like he was born to be a workhorse.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bush hasn't been impressive IMHO between the tackles. He has made his noise as a receiver. He is extremely quick and fast with awesome hands. I don't think he is a traditional RB tho.

I'd be glad to have either in 2 years but they wouldn't play the same position. I think Bush is a slot Wr, 3rd down back, returner type. Peterson is an every down RB.

OU has other stud RBs as well but Peterson is keeping them off the field as a true freshman.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Right now Reggie Bush without even thinking. This is maybe the most versatile, well rounded athlete Ive ever seen. He has 4.3 speed, is a great RB and WR, and can throw the ball like a QB, and hes also a great SP player. Not many guys can claim to have thrown, rushed, caught, and run punts for TDs in their careers, he can.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Although a freshman, I'd take Peterson. This guy is unbelievable. And I'm not even an OU fan.