Buyers remorse in NYG for Daniel Jones

Jayinem

Reaction score
There's a QB I'd rather have Dak over.

I mean neither are winning a Super Bowl, but at least Dak can win some games in the regular season.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't think Daniel Jones was as good as he looked in 2022, because the whole team was on a hot streak. But he wasn't as bad as he looked in 2023 either, because likewise, that whole team around him just collapsed.

He's not a total bum. 100% not worth a $40M per year contract, but he's got some game.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
As long as they don't push back any of that cap hit they can get out of that deal pretty easily after 2024.

Swagger

Reaction score
This is basically Dallas if they resign Prescott to a kneecapping contract

Redline360

Reaction score
Didn't think he would be anything then a mid tier quaterback however to his defense no quaterback is going to shine with the OL he has had to deal with and lack of weapons

Set up to fail immediately

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's a QB I'd rather have Dak over.

I mean neither are winning a Super Bowl, but at least Dak can win some games in the regular season.
This isn't a win though. Just ensures bad drafting position and keeps ownership hopeful enough to stick with a mediocre qb. Exactly what happened to the Giants with Jones after one good year. Let's see if they cut bait early.

John813

Reaction score
NYG were brain dead to re-sign him. Without his legs he's trash

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Except the Giants built in a pathway out of the deal. He’ll probably be starting for Dallas in 2025 after Dak leaves in free agency while Lance watches with some obscure broken bone in his foot.

Brax

Reaction score
Except in 3 or 4 years they will be 120 million in dead money and Jerry will be extending him again

McKDaddy

Reaction score
  • Never should have shot up the draft boards to begin with. Classic over evaluation based on things other than the tape.
  • Has never had a chance to succeed. 2022 felt like they were getting the ship righted ... but pretty obvious there were issues hidden by a little success.
  • Will probably go somewhere else & be a high end backup or might actually show the problem wasn't all him.
  • So, it is possible to conclude you have made a mistake & get away from it rather than just keep doubling down?

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think Daniel Jones was as good as he looked in 2022, because the whole team was on a hot streak. But he wasn't as bad as he looked in 2023 either, because likewise, that whole team around him just collapsed.

He's not a total bum. 100% not worth a $40M per year contract, but he's got some game.
This is the truth. Your team shapes your future. I think Barkley's career was ruined on the Giants. No one is going to stand out on that Giants team over the last few years.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
At least the other NFC East teams are struggling with their quarterback situation, even the Eagles and Hurts. Once you find that true franchise quarterback, history has shown that you usually consistently dominate the division.

1942willys

Reaction score
At least the other NFC East teams are struggling with their quarterback situation, even the Eagles and Hurts. Once you find that true franchise quarterback, history has shown that you usually consistently dominate the division.
It is very rare for two excellent QBs to be in the same division
offhand I am trying to think of the last time that happened and I guess its too early in the morning because I am coming up blank