BYU says it found no corroborating evidence of racial heckling toward Duke women's volleyball player

triplets_93

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-racial-heckling-duke-women-volleyball-player

"As a result of our investigation, we have lifted the ban on the fan who was identified as having uttered racial slurs during the match. We have not found any evidence that that individual engaged in such an activity. BYU sincerely apologizes to that fan for any hardship the ban has caused."

The South Carolina women's basketball team recently canceled a home-and-home series against BYU, citing the incident at the Duke-BYU volleyball match. "After my personal research, I made a decision for the well-being of my team," Staley said.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The unfortunate reality is that when allegations like this surface, there are a large number of people who desperately want it to be true. They want something to be outraged over, and to play the victim. Naturally, the media is all too eager to stoke the flames of racial tension without worrying terribly much about, you know.... silly things like what actually happened....

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score

terra

Reaction score
The unfortunate reality is that when allegations like this surface, there are a large number of people who desperately want it to be true. They want something to be outraged over, and to play the victim. Naturally, the media is all too eager to stoke the flames of racial tension without worrying terribly much about, you know.... silly things like what actually happened....
And you cannot leave out the fact that BYU is a religious school so to the MSM as it is today that is a capital crime right there.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think this may well have been handled in the best way possible by all parties.

Not sure what else could be the take here.

No idea what really happened but this is hardly the first report and the history there is very clear in doctrine. Dawn Staley likely made the right call for her team. Zero reason to take any risks with no reward for doing so.

BYU has a beautiful football stadium, and I am looking forward to Texas Tech playing football there.