C- Jeff Mitchell - any news/interest?

Wimbo

Reaction score
What's going on with Panthers Center Jeff Mitchell? He started for them all last year, and played pretty well (though I admit that I only watched Carolina 2-3 times). He is 32, but that's not too old for an OL. He is from Dallas. He played in the playoff games, and I don't remember an injury...

He appears to still be available as a UFA.
Any interest in this guy? How does he stack up against Johnson and Gurode?

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Speaking of Centers:

Casey Rabach just got into an ATV accident one of the skins fans I work with told me.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
What for? He's an older Johnson without the upside.

After 3 years, I'm still waiting for Johnson's upside... you know something we don't??

:bang2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Speaking of Centers:

Casey Rabach just got into an ATV accident one of the skins fans I work with told me.

I hope it wasnt sean taylor's....!!

It would be funny if he shot rabach over this...you crashed my raptor........bang bang bang....

Wimbo

Reaction score
theebs said:
I hope it wasnt sean taylor's....!!

It would be funny if he shot rabach over this...you crashed my raptor........bang bang bang....

from draftsharks: Starting Commanders center Casey Rabach injured his left leg in an all-terrain vehicle accident last Friday, according to trainer Bubba Tyer. He rolled his ATV while riding near his Virginia home and required surgery to repair significant damage to his ankle and calf. He’ll have a cast and crutches for 3 weeks. "He had a huge open wound on his leg," Tyer said.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Wimbo said:
from draftsharks: Starting Commanders center Casey Rabach injured his left leg in an all-terrain vehicle accident last Friday, according to trainer Bubba Tyer. He rolled his ATV while riding near his Virginia home and required surgery to repair significant damage to his ankle and calf. He’ll have a cast and crutches for 3 weeks. "He had a huge open wound on his leg," Tyer said.

Too coincidental to pass up. Could this be the vaunted Bubba on ES?

Eddie

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
What for? He's an older Johnson without the upside.

Hold it. You mean Centers aren't in their prime AFTER age 40???

Holy smokes, where have I been?

Eddie

Reaction score
aardvark said:
After 3 years, I'm still waiting for Johnson's upside... you know something we don't??

Don't you know ... OLmen reach their prime AFTER age 40.

:lmao:

DLCassidy

Reaction score
aardvark said:

Not really. Other than after only 2 years of actually starting and reports that he's put on some weight I still have some hope for Johnson. Here's Mitchell's scouting report, which you have to agree could easily be used to describe Johnson. But my point is Mitchell's been in the league 9 years- what you see is what you get. I don't see the point of bringing him in.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 74 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
Takes good angles to blocks and generally does a good job of cutting linebackers off at the second level. Shows good body control in space and has the lateral mobility to adjust to the moving target at the second level. Has above-average range and is capable of pulling and trapping effectively. However, Mitchell is undersized and he is far more effective when he is uncovered than when a massive two-gap defenders line up over his head. Lacks ideal bulk, isn't going to engulf many defenders at the point of attack and isn't going to wear many defenders down over the course of the game. Doesn't have great lower body strength, doesn't play with great leverage and can't push the pile in the running game.