Calm Down PLEASE

DBoys

Reaction score
Guys why are you so shocked by this loss?? Did you think our OL was fixed because we stopped KC DL?? Our season went south for 4 reasons...

1) Flo went down.
2) I can't believe I am saying this since I wanted to give him the boot but Al Singleton.
3) Dat.
4) Al Johnson.

Parcells has said many times he was worried about LBer it will be huge need for us in the offseason. The biggest need will be the OL. We need a Center for sure and maybe a RT depending on Petitti's offseason this coming year.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
As bad as the offense played yesterday - The D was even worse. Even if we had Dat and Al back it wouldn't have made a difference. Our front 3 were manhandled, no pressure on Brunnell, horrible play at safety, etc.

I really can't believe just how bad - Zimmer and BP need to fix this ASAP or Carolina will be even worse.

TonyS

Reaction score
What about the other teams with injuries that have risen above the excuses?

The Skins had a whole secondary dinged up yesterday and I didn't hear them complaining about it as they rubbed our noses in our own excrement. I could see some of them limping after almost every play. Still, they won the game and shut us down.

The Giants were without a lot of players and still beat the Chiefs.

The Eagles don't have their starting QB, RB, WR and more and I think I saw that they won yesterday, albeit they were playing St. Louis, but they still won.

We need to end the injury excuses and learn that the NFL teams that succeed are the ones that OVERCOME injuries rather than use them as an excuse for losing.

DBoys

Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
As bad as the offense played yesterday - The D was even worse. Even if we had Dat and Al back it wouldn't have made a difference. Our front 3 were manhandled, no pressure on Brunnell, horrible play at safety, etc.

I really can't believe just how bad - Zimmer and BP need to fix this ASAP or Carolina will be even worse.

The DL line job is to hold the line it is to the LB's to put pressure on the QB. I thought the DL was fine but the LB's were horrible.

DBoys

Reaction score
TonyS said:

The Skins had a whole secondary dinged up yesterday and I didn't hear them complaining about it as they rubbed our noses in our own excrement. I could see some of them limping after almost every play. Still, they won the game and shut us down.

The Giants were without a lot of players and still beat the Chiefs.

The Eagles don't have their starting QB, RB, WR and more and I think I saw that they won yesterday, albeit they were playing St. Louis, but they still won.

We need to end the injury excuses and learn that the NFL teams that succeed are the ones that OVERCOME injuries rather than use them as an excuse for losing.

Any secondary is going to look good when their DL dominates an OL like that.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TonyS said:

Like the Eagles?

;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
THREE years BP. STILL O-Line is blowing. What gives? I know players drafted didnt work... but there has to be a contigency plan... not unproven rookies from the 6th round. That have no athleticism.

I am calm.:hammock:

DBoys

Reaction score
YoMick said:
THREE years BP. STILL O-Line is blowing. What gives? I know players drafted didnt work... but there has to be a contigency plan... not unproven rookies from the 6th round. That have no athleticism.

I am calm.:hammock:

LOL Mick

ravidubey

Reaction score
This game was decided by emotion and intensity. Phillip Daniels is not a Hall of Famer and Torrin Tucker is not a scrub. Just toss out the New York and Washington losses, they can't tell us anything regarding the rest of the season. These were divisional games-- pure emotion and familiarity. Remember Dallas thumping Philly 33-10 or New York blasting Washington 36-0? Meaningless beyond their effect on the W-L record.

Dallas' OL is playing uneven, but they are not solely responsible for this loss. Blame it on lack of intensity, which Dallas must find.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We got our butts kicked. We aren't that bad and Wash isn't that good. Every team takes a whooping like this. We had been in every game to this point -- that was an accomplishment in itself. Don't make more of this than it is. All teams take a beating like this.

and don't blame Al Johnson. He hasn't been great but he certainly isn't the reason we got dominated.