Cameras in Texas Stadium

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of cameras are allowed in Texas stadium?
I know the web site says small cameras that don't zoom, but has anyone gotten a DSLR in?
I am leaving tomorrow for the Cincy game, don't know if I will have internet access once in Dallas, and I would really like to take my DSLR in. I can take a prime (non zoom) lens if I can get my DSLR in.
At Ford Field they let me in with my DSLR and an 85mm prime.

So if you know please let me know

Thanks

David

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
just dont bring any video cameras.

and dont bring any lenses over a 200mm and you should be ok.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
panchucko;2300072 said:
Does anyone know what kind of cameras are allowed in Texas stadium?
I know the web site says small cameras that don't zoom, but has anyone gotten a DSLR in?
I am leaving tomorrow for the Cincy game, don't know if I will have internet access once in Dallas, and I would really like to take my DSLR in. I can take a prime (non zoom) lens if I can get my DSLR in.
At Ford Field they let me in with my DSLR and an 85mm prime.

So if you know please let me know

Thanks

David

Ah,,,,,,,,,,,,,Um I... er... ah........ depends how bad you want a video camera in there.... Pretty easy they check for Guns .....I saw 5 games there last year and have awesome Video...... its well worth it......have fun.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
vintage-camera-clock.jpg

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
theebs;2300084 said:
just dont bring any video cameras.

and dont bring any lenses over a 200mm and you should be ok.

Interesting thread and something I was wondering about today.
Can up bring up to 200mm?

It's pretty petty of them not to allow a fan to bring an SLR, if that is fact, true.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
vta;2300106 said:
Interesting thread and something I was wondering about today.
Can up bring up to 200mm?

It's pretty petty of them not to allow a fan to bring an SLR, if that is fact, true.

No you can. I bring mine almost every week. I use the 55 and the 200mm lense. I just think if you have a lense any bigger it will get noticed.

They have to have some restrictions, there are alot of guys making a living taking pictures of the game, if people in the stands start showing up with telephoto lenses and stands, that could affect them.

I think having a 200mm lense is fair though. You can basically get great shots from anywhere with it.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
theebs;2300114 said:
No you can. I bring mine almost every week. I use the 55 and the 200mm lense. I just think if you have a lense any bigger it will get noticed.

They have to have some restrictions, there are alot of guys making a living taking pictures of the game, if people in the stands start showing up with telephoto lenses and stands, that could affect them.

I think having a 200mm lense is fair though. You can basically get great shots from anywhere with it.

Ok thanks. That's fair enough.
I'm thinking of getting together a trip to Texas for a game before they leave the stadium and bringing my camera is definitely important.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Both myself and a friend bought 75-300 MM lenses in this past weekend. It probably depends on what degenerate at the gate checks your bag.

I would think as long as it isn't one of those huge lenses with a handle on it you should be fine.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I will try and get my 24-105 MM in plus an 85mm prime.
Hopefully they let me through without a problem
Just in case I have my trusty coolpix ready for action.

David

Warick

Reaction score
Panchucko, I took my Nikon D50, and 85 f1.8 lens into the Cowboys vs Giants playoff game last year, and they didn't bat an eye. I'm not sure about their policy on zoom lenses.

I know you can take just about any lens into the American Airlines Center for Dallas Stars hockey games now. I rented a 70-200, f2.8, and had no problem. You might want to call, or email someone with the Cowboys, or Tx Stadium about their policy, if you want to bring a monster f2.8 tele.