Campbell better than Romo?...ESPN Football Outsiders

Coy

Reaction score
Ok, this is nuts in my opinion, I was just in an ESPN Blog and someone asked this question:

Jon, Mobile: Would you rather have Tony Romo or Jason Campbell as your QB of the future?

Football Outsiders Doug Farrar: (8:15 PM ET ) Ooooh -- good question. Flip a coin and go with Campbell, I suppose.

I understand we lost the game yesterday but this guy is taking it way too far.

Just wanted to know your thoughts?

Nexx

Reaction score
my question.. what *** has jason campbell ever done? they hold it against tony that he hasnt won a playoff game... is there a double standard against cowboys players? *** has jason freakin campbell done or won?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Look-I HATE to admit this, but the Skins just walked right into our stadium and just smacked us in the mouth. The score wasn't even as close as it indicated(we got our first TD thanks to a boneheaded Skins penalty that kept the drive alive, and 2 Skins TDs were taken off the board thanks to boneheaded penalties).

Romo is better than Campbell, I agree. But for now, Campbell's team is better, and they seemed to be more focused/better coached than us as well.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
expect **** like this all week

or until we have an impressive win

or until the Skins next loss

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Did Romo have a bad game yesterday?

He is on course to break the records he set last year and now he is just alright?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Don't you know? Every QB not named Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Cassel, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton and Brodie Croyle is better than Tony Romo. Romo has a 99 QB rating on the year and his lowest QB rating in a game this year is an 82, but he's just this overrated, dreadful QB that will never win anything.

:::sarcasm meter officially obliterated:::

YAKUZA

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nexx;2297446 said:
my question.. what *** has jason campbell ever done? they hold it against tony that he hasnt won a playoff game... is there a double standard against cowboys players? *** has jason freakin campbell done or won?

I think that is probably the point. Neither has done anything so you go by what you see on the field.

So far this year Campbell is playing great ball while Romo is still making dumb-*** mistakes.

Cambell has yet to throw a pick.

I'm not saying that I agree with the decision because I will take Romo any day of the week but I can understand his reasoning.

Naes

Reaction score
Even as a Skins fan that is quite the stretch. They're both very good QB's. A large part of me would like to see what Campbell could do with a legitimate big receiver.

Nav22

Reaction score
Romo's just not a "ball control" type of QB. He's a playmaker, and that means INTs will happen.

Dating back to last season, Romo now has at least 1 INT in 8 straight games.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nav22;2297478 said:
Romo's just not a "ball control" type of QB. He's a playmaker, and that means INTs will happen.

Which is horrible for a guy who is supposed to be top 3 or top 5 at his position.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
campbell is currently the highest rated QB in the division. :)

not sure who i would want as my QB of the future though. love romo when he plays well. not so much when he doesnt.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Nav22;2297478 said:

I thought it was seven but whose counting.

With Tony, you have to take the good with the bad.

He has four INTs so far this year, but eight TD passes (I think). Most of us would take a two to one ratio over the season.

I would like to see him go a game or more without an INT (and of course have the defence get an INT)

Campbell never makes a difficult throw, almost always dinks and dunks, safe, boring, vanilla etc

Tony makes difficult throws, high risk but high reward.

StylisticS

Reaction score
riggo;2297488 said:
not sure who i would want as my QB of the future though. love romo when he plays well. not so much when he doesnt.

Couldn't the same be said for any qb though. I mean when Campbell stinks it up, he really stinks it up.:laugh2:

BeachCityBoyzFan

Reaction score
Lots of Romo bashing going on over the airwaves today. I was listening to Colin Cowherd this morning...he had Eric Allen on, and he pretty much said (paraphrasing here) that Romo was just a good Qb with lots of talent around him. Said he wasn't good enough to lead the Cowboys to the promise land. And also that Romo was no Drew Brees, which I might have to agree with at this point in time. But IMO, he basically said that Romo wasn't all that.

I'm sure some others heard this.

Here's a link.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BeachCityBoyzFan;2297516 said:
Lots of Romo bashing going on over the airwaves today. I was listening to Colin Cowherd this morning...he had Eric Allen on, and he pretty much said (paraphrasing here) that Romo was just a good Qb with lots of talent around him. Said he wasn't good enough to lead the Cowboys to the promise land. And also that Romo was no Drew Brees, which I might have to agree with at this point in time.
:lmao2: What?

BeachCityBoyzFan

Reaction score
Really the only thing I disliked about the Brees comparison was that Allen said Romo hadn't won anything. I was like, Brees has?