Can Guyton show promise the way Tyler Smith did?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me start off by saying i'm NOT saying he's the same person in any way. I'm just going off both players coming to this team raw, and having the ability to be good, but they needed development. Look at how Tyler Smith has developed, he's a pro bowler and has been nothing but tough over there on that left side. He's going to see a huge payday soon with his improvements. I think in time he will end up being the leader in that OL room. Is it wrong to hope that maybe Guyton can develop into a player that we can attach pro bowler to??

Wishing Guyton the best in his development, he has a lot of tools and intangibles to be something special. Please give your thoughts

75boyz

Reaction score
I dont know if he can hold his own the same way Tyler Smith did his rookie year but we sure need him to.

It will definitely be a situation of him being thrown in the deep end and expected to swim that's for sure.

Right out of the gate facing Myles Garrett.
The AFC North and NFC East defensive line talent he will be facing all year will most likely make or break the kid this year.
I sure hope he's up for that kinda challenge both physically and mentally.
Because facing that kinda competition is enough to test anyone's confidence.
He ain't in the Big 12 anymore.
Fingers crossed.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
So far, so good with Guyton. We're in fake football season with scrimmages and preseason games, but he's done nothing but impress.

For a guy who started 1 season in college and looked pretty raw there, showing game this early on is huge. And that's something he shares with Tyler Smith.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So far, so good with Guyton. We're in fake football season with scrimmages and preseason games, but he's done nothing but impress.

For a guy who started 1 season in college and looked pretty raw there, showing game this early on is huge. And that's something he shares with Tyler Smith.
let's see, can't wait

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying i'm NOT saying he's the same person in any way. I'm just going off both players coming to this team raw, and having the ability to be good, but they needed development. Look at how Tyler Smith has developed, he's a pro bowler and has been nothing but tough over there on that left side. He's going to see a huge payday soon with his improvements. I think in time he will end up being the leader in that OL room. Is it wrong to hope that maybe Guyton can develop into a player that we can attach pro bowler to??

Wishing Guyton the best in his development, he has a lot of tools and intangibles to be something special. Please give your thoughts
I think the best we need to expect from him is to play LT as well as Tyler did as a rookie. That means lots of mistakes but enough good to feel like the position is in good hands. Fans will be calling him a bust, though, after the first penalty called on him or sack he surrenders.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think the best we need to expect from him is to play LT as well as Tyler did as a rookie. That means lots of mistakes but enough good to feel like the position is in good hands. Fans will be calling him a bust, though, after the first penalty called on him or sack he surrenders.
The good thing with tackles is that they usually take big strides in year 2.

If Guyton can play as well as Tyler Smith did as a rookie, then the sky's the limit from there. He's got the physical tools to hang with anyone, and I could easily see a trajectory where he's our next Cowboys All-Pro lineman.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He'll probably get whooped up on by power rushers because he's pretty slim and plays a little too upright sometimes but there are going to be days where he looks really good.

But to the point, he'll probably have a similar rookie year

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He has the tools to play LT, the Cowboys just need to put him out there and let him get his snaps. He will have to learn under fire. I think he will be good this first year, great will have to wait. LT is tough for any rookie to come in and dominate. Patience.

rambo2

Reaction score

Yes he can and Beebe can too.