Can I cry about football to my friends

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Should be in the off topic zone...I spent about an hour and a half trying to get the NFL Sunday Ticket on Youtube! I cannot miss a Cowboy game.

I finally got it and I'm gonna cry like a baby tonight because I will now be able to watch our Cowboys play anytime I want.

Carry on...play some guitar...smoke it up...I'm happy as a clown.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Should be in the off topic zone...I spent about an hour and a half trying to get the NFL Sunday Ticket on Youtube! I cannot miss a Cowboy game.

I finally got it and I'm gonna cry like a baby tonight because I will now be able to watch our Cowboys play anytime I want.

A true fan chap you are. Good for you. Access to Cowboys games is a human right.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I never have problems getting the games.

(but I live in the DFW area....)

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Congrats for your slice of heaven. Bask in it. It’s awesome!!!!

CowboysJames69

Reaction score
My biggest issue was I had the games on my tv but I could not get them on my ipad also, I Found out it was because my ipad is wifi and the app does not support wifi tabs so all I had to do was just sign into youtube on a webpage to watch. The service was quite good I must say especially for being the first week.

It did take quite a while to figure out how to get the football package with having to purchase their tv package, they really hide that.

I live in Florida so I don't want to watch the Bucs and Dolphins every Sunday.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Whe I thought about shelling out $400 to watch the two Cowboys games not broadcast in my area I started to bawl too

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cry Macho

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Yeah, this is really cool. When I was a kid, we lived in a small Texas town between Ft Worth and Waco. If a game was blacked out, my dad would go onto the roof and point our antenna toward Waco so that we could get the game. It was all snowy, but at least we got to see it. Then, when I was 12, my dad was transferred to Honolulu. I was upset when I got there when I learned that they don't show every Cowboy game there, and there was no way to adjust your roof antenna to get a game. Then, when I was 18, I went to college in Northern California. I was aghast to learn that people there root for the Commie Niners instead of the Cowboys. However, there was this new thing that existed, a satellite dish. I could go to a pub, if I wanted, to see the Cowboys play. However, it was frustrating to see so many people fulfilling Satan's will by rooting against the Cowboys. I dreamed of owning a satellite dish, but never did. At one point I lived in Germany, where the weirdos there watch soccer and tennis for some weird reason, ignoring all Cowboy games (and not even understanding them). There was an NFL service back then where you could have a PAL-VHS tape of every game mailed to you, but it was expensive, and you got the game about a week late, when you probably already knew the result.
So, yeah, it's pretty cool to be able to get whatever Cowboy games you want via streaming.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Yeah, this is really cool. When I was a kid, we lived in a small Texas town between Ft Worth and Waco. If a game was blacked out, my dad would go onto the roof and point our antenna toward Waco so that we could get the game. It was all snowy, but at least we got to see it. Then, when I was 12, my dad was transferred to Honolulu. I was upset when I got there when I learned that they don't show every Cowboy game there, and there was no way to adjust your roof antenna to get a game. Then, when I was 18, I went to college in Northern California. I was aghast to learn that people there root for the Commie Niners instead of the Cowboys. However, there was this new thing that existed, a satellite dish. I could go to a pub, if I wanted, to see the Cowboys play. However, it was frustrating to see so many people fulfilling Satan's will by rooting against the Cowboys. I dreamed of owning a satellite dish, but never did. At one point I lived in Germany, where the weirdos there watch soccer and tennis for some weird reason, ignoring all Cowboy games (and not even understanding them). There was an NFL service back then where you could have a PAL-VHS tape of every game mailed to you, but it was expensive, and you got the game about a week late, when you probably already knew the result.
So, yeah, it's pretty cool to be able to get whatever Cowboy games you want via streaming.
Haha, that was a nice read, thanks for posting.

As a German I kinda feel your pain my Cowboy brother, but I have to take up the cudgels here a little bit for my home country regarding football.

It really took off only in the last 10 years or so, with many games broadcasted and alot of NFL coverage overall.

I became a football (Cowboys) Fan in the early 90s when getting games or even information about the NFL or Cowboys was really hard. But there was a tv channel called Sportkanal, that broadcasted an NFL game every week, quite a few play off games, all nfcc games and the Superbowl. So being a Cowboys Fan, obviously that was very good as they played many of them back then lol. Lucky me. My best friend became a 49ers fan, I guess because of that sparse coverage one could become a fan of only either team as the others practically didn't exist.

So I don't know when you were stationed in Germany, but at least some 30 years ago you wouldn't have to starve completely.

But I often had only video Text (someone remembers this tech?) to inform myself about scores and standings. My dad was super cool, he brought me alot of stuff from his business trips to the US back then, even had a business partner tape some games on VHS and brought me the tapes. Spent all my money on an NTSC video Tape Recorder (which weren't easy to get at all) because European Tape Recorder couldn't play US tapes. I learned English by listening to John Maddens color commentary and watching Indiana Jones movies haha. Who needed school?

Heh, those were the days. When being a Cowboys Fan took some effort. :)

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I am jealous

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Haha, that was a nice read, thanks for posting.

As a German I kinda feel your pain my Cowboy brother, but I have to take up the cudgels here a little bit for my home country regarding football.

It really took off only in the last 10 years or so, with many games broadcasted and alot of NFL coverage overall.

I became a football (Cowboys) Fan in the early 90s when getting games or even information about the NFL or Cowboys was really hard. But there was a tv channel called Sportkanal, that broadcasted an NFL game every week, quite a few play off games, all nfcc games and the Superbowl. So being a Cowboys Fan, obviously that was very good as they played many of them back then lol. Lucky me. My best friend became a 49ers fan, I guess because of that sparse coverage one could become a fan of only either team as the others practically didn't exist.

So I don't know when you were stationed in Germany, but at least some 30 years ago you wouldn't have to starve completely.

But I often had only video Text (someone remembers this tech?) to inform myself about scores and standings. My dad was super cool, he brought me alot of stuff from his business trips to the US back then, even had a business partner tape some games on VHS and brought me the tapes. Spent all my money on an NTSC video Tape Recorder (which weren't easy to get at all) because European Tape Recorder couldn't play US tapes. I learned English by listening to John Maddens color commentary and watching Indiana Jones movies haha. Who needed school?

Heh, those were the days. When being a Cowboys Fan took some effort. :)
I was in Germany in 1987 and '88, and would have been totally out of touch with the NFL had it not been for newspapers like USA today and the International Herald Tribune. I celebrated a Denver Broncos Super Bowl victory 10 years early because, when I was on my way to get a newspaper to find out who had won, my girlfriend said, "Die aus Denver haben gewonnen." I was like, "cool, my brother in Denver will be thrilled," and then I got my paper to find out Washington had clobbered Denver.
I was an exchange student. Try as I might, I could not get my German girlfriend to understand why these games are so important to me. I also nearly got my butt kicked for rooting for France's soccer team (in jest) when they played Germany.